Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rules pertaining to clan tags?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, I've read all the rules and have paid attention to the ones regarding Factions and Faction tags.

My question is: what about clan tags?

Would I be allowed to use my clan tags (no faction alliance/formation on the server)?
if by that you mean have some random tag infront of your name from a faction or clan that?s not official on Disco... then I?m gonig to say NO, because you?ll get alot of crap from alot of people and we?ll all wonder who you are, what your purpose is and stuff. Unnofficial factions aren?t really the greatest things around here.

I say don?t do it, if you want to make a faction, don?t and join an existing one, as you?ll probably end up in some sort of war with the official faction of the in-game faction you?re posing as.

What faction by the way?

And I hope that helps.
If you aren't a faction here, putting your clan tag in front of your name serves no purpose to enhance RP, like the NPC faction tags or Player Faction tags do, so please refrain from doing so, as it just un-alphabetizes the player list...
' Wrote:Unnofficial factions aren't really the greatest things around here.

Hey, steady on. Judge each case by its own merits. We're still unofficial and there's no way we could have even got off the ground unless we had the identifying mark to distinguish us. People have to start somewhere.

I think maybe the original question needs to be clearer. What exactly are you intending to do?
@ Athenian

ok, I guess. The first thing that comes to my mind when I see "unnoficial factions" is OTF, and we had to go through an Order civil war to clear things up, so personally I?m not a big fan of unnoficial factions. But some like the KGL and OPG (are they official yet?) are good in their RP, so yeah, I agree to some point.
Ah well, I take your point - a few "clans" do turn up and expect the red carpet treatement and add little to the server. Kinda like a family moving into your front room and farting excessively. I think the original poster needs to give a little more information.
OPG are indeed official. KGL was a RP faction, don't know if it was intended to become official or not, but certainly added to the flavour of RP in Bretonia. Georgie boy Mountbatten has indeed realised his pop was being a fraud all the time and is now being embraced by Her Majesty's Royal bosom, I believe.
' Wrote:If you aren't a faction here, putting your clan tag in front of your name serves no purpose to enhance RP, like the NPC faction tags or Player Faction tags do, so please refrain from doing so, as it just un-alphabetizes the player list...
Baconsoda nailed the issue.

Names are to be based on some RP reasoning. If the tag you plan using serves that purpose, as in identifying some RP entity your character is affiliated with, like a group or a faction that is or will be recognizable by the the rest of us, then go for it. If your intention is merely divulging a clan that has nothing to do with Discovery's lore, then please avoid it, as it will be just disruptive.
I have a clan, but we operate in other games, just not actively in FL.

One of the clan members and I wanted to see if we could wear our tags on the server.

We would abide by all server rules and we would also do our part in the roleplay (we do have experience).

I was hoping to see some sort of officlal response, but if the general concensus is 'no', then we will just leave out our tags.
to avoid confusion best thing is to use a suffix instead of a prefix, since all official factions uses prefix
' Wrote:to avoid confusion best thing is to use a suffix instead of a prefix, since all official factions uses prefix

TBH and 101st are two official factions that prove this wrong.
Pages: 1 2