Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: FL Companion - Missing Commodities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know why FL Companion does not pick up all base commodities in the items repository section? My copy is installed correctly and points at my FL 4.87 folder to pick up interactive data ok, but while commodities like Plas Foam Conduits, Industrial Hardware, High Performance Alloy, Fusion Diodes.....etc.. appear on the commodity list in FL Companion, no information is shown in the location/price panel, although I do know all these items exist.

There must be a reason why, but I can't fathom it.

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers!
Check with the Writer of this software

I dont think he make it with 4.87 in mind..
Is it because they are handled by FL Hook and thus not in the read ini files?
Correct
Thanks folks, the FL Hook explanation makes sense. So to take it a stage further, could anyone explain how best to obtain this information?

Cheers!
(02-16-2014, 05:04 AM)Freeroamer Wrote: [ -> ]Correct

Incorrect.

The commodities are in the game files but FLCompanion ignores them because all the purchase locations are at the default price. FLCompanion takes that to mean "nope, these aren't used", which is wrong and a bug (and not one that we can fix because it's literally not our problem).

Here's the POB commodity supply chain graph.
Garret,

Thanks, just the thing! Someone did a good job with that model. Serious credit to those concerned.

Cheers!
I don't know if it is your problem but the last version of Freelancer Companion (2.02) wasn't working with the version 4.86 of the mod. So perhaps it is the same thing with Discovery 4.87 ? I have not tried. I have wrote something about that almost two years ago (end of this page : http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=71405). Now, I am using Freelancer Companion 2.01 (that was my fix with 4.86) and with the refresh command (alt+D) everything seems to be normal. Often I have checked the forum on the official website and the creator of this software, Wizou, seems to do nothing to fix that... Someone knows if Freelancer Companion 2.02 works with Discovery 4.87 ?