Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Faction and Racial Proposal: Primus Federation & Monkeys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Monkeys
of Primus

Introduction

Although not an existing faction in vanilla, the Monkeys has always been with us since the dawn of Freelancer. I believe it has the potential to become a great faction and help boost a more healthy activity in the lower Omicron region. This proposal is for the faction as well as the entire monkey race, since there are currently no historical story written for the monkey's side at the moment. Even if the faction don't take off, the lore can still be adapted to the monkey planet. Just to let you know his post is the Monkeys proposal and the post below is faction proposal

Writers Comment

I am terribly sorry for the lack of graphical designs and the horrible wall of texts, not to mention my lack of grammar and tenses. I have no idea how to operate Photoshop so excuse me on that. In addition, please do note that at this moment I do not actually have time to form a faction at this moment in time. I just have this great idea popping in my head and I just feel sad to let it all go forgotten In case I want to pick it up again. Please feel free to read everything and leave a comment thought, and if anyone else want to lead or enough people are interested to help me get this started, feel free to notify me and see where it leads !

Modern History and Current Status

A little background of the Monkeys for those who not want to read full history below. As we all know, the colonist settled on Planet Primus died from radiation whereas the the native monkey inhabitants survived. This is due to the monkey's body that are genetically adapted to receive high doses of radiation without being lethal to them. However, they like any other organisms are not all immune to the effects either. The continues radiation has alter their genetic codes through out the Monkey race, forcing them to grow, mature and even evolve faster than normal. This means that they can learn things 3-4x faster than the time human would have taken, but with the side effects of half the life expectancy than they normally would have got. This means that they would have learnt the equivalent of a PhD by the age of 12-16 in human age and died of old age between 35-50.

In terms of their behavior and attitude, the Monkeys can be seen more aggressive than normal human being, however they are also capable of diplomacy and trade as well as their counterpart. Due to their entangled past with the colonist, they do not care what happens to humans nor do they care. That means that if any innocent human were caught in a crossfire they will continue firing.
The monkeys slightly leans towards militarism but do not like to initiate full scale wars (except for raiding enemies now and again). They would like to grab their hands on big weapons or ships to deter enemies from coming close. The monkey will initially fly old civilian ships left by the colonist and will try in all attempts to grab capital ships technology in order to in the future.

History of Primus

Pre-Contact

Mesozoic Era
?? BS - 27 AS
The Pre-Tribal Period

Since the dawn of time, Nomads had been seen floating high above the Primus space at night, illuminating its magnificent blue celestial body. It is unknown when, but the monkeys had made ritual rites to these objects. They also believe these very rare occurrence coincide with growth and peace.

Cenozoic Era
28 AS - 114 AS
Emergence of tribes

In this momentous period, a great forest fire destroyed many of the prairie land inhabited by the monkeys, especially the homes of four neighboring monkey camps, forcing them to relocate inland. Normally the monkey groups would fight out to decide the victor of this new land, with the losers sent away. Surprisingly, this four group instead decided to form a relation and settled together, with surprising effects. The monkey sees the first new major technological and cultural advance, with the first ever tribe civilization recognised rising up in Primus. Together, they forms the first Primuian Calender which is still used today in Primus. The word spread towards other camps showing an example that peace and communities can achieve many things where war and individuals cannot, and the formation of major tribes begin.

109 AS - 240 AS
Fight for Supremacy

After a brief of peace, the tribes grew into the size that can sustain each other no more, they became aggressive and once again the monkey race was divided. This minor conflict and clash of tribes lasted over a century.

241 AS - 489 AS
The Observant Old Gods

This period marked the the gradual increase appearance of the of the blue objects, more frequent and bigger than usual. The monkeys took this as a sign of the Gods are watching Planet Primus, they believed the gods are furious at the current situation between the war torn Monkeys tribes. A ceasefire were declared almost Primus wide except for a few.

Post Contact

490 AS - 491 AS
Visitors from the Stars

Several Monkey tribes recorded seeing fleet of massive ships landing in a plain field of southern Primus. The tribe reacted to this in curiosity and fear as the star ships rumbled to the grounds all over the planet. Villagers were told to stay within the walls as the tribal elders prepare scouts to visit the new visitors.

491 AS - 492 AS
First contact

The first official contact recorded in the journal of history. Different monkey were sent to the human colonies to establish pleasantray and exchanged gifts. The contact was limited and soon both species parted ways.

493 AS - 494 AS
Human Expansion

The rapid expansion of the human colonist destroyed much of the monkeys feeding ground. Tension between the two species grew which would later spark hostilities between the groups.

495 AS
The Raid of Naxos

Angered by the space consumed by human habitats and the wreckless destruction of nature. Some of the monkey tribes began raiding supplies in the colony of Naxos in attempt to repel the expansion. The plan quickly failed as Humans hastily construct base defenses and heavy armed themselves

496 AS - 497 AS
First Great Purge

Mysteriously and shocked to the native habitats, the humans attacked several monkey colonies for unknown reasons. This was later known as the initial symptoms of the great human plague. The Humans, confused at the sudden death of fellow colonists all over the world, believed the hostile monkeys tribes were the cause of it (assumed from water poisoning). Armed gangs of human colonists turn vigilantist went on a rampage and massacred several small tribes close to the Colonys. The remaining Monkey survivors of this purge were assimilated by other tribes.

500 AS
Formation of the Confederate Tribes of Primus

With the news spreading across the tribes, shocked by the revelation and actions of the humans. The tribes came together in a meeting of the three hills to declare a defense pact that would end the century long bitter ceasefire between each monkey tribes and form a temporary union to protect themselves from this change of event.

528 AS - 530 AS
Second Great Purge

For two decades the humans and monkeys remained separate, except for a few exchange of weapon fire. The Human suddenly returned again en Mass. Although the Monkeys were more prepared this time, However it was no match for the human invaders. Surprisingly to many of the Monkeys, they were captured alive and forcefully taken instead. It was revealed later that In desperate attempt to save themselves while stuck in planet side waiting for evacuation. The colonist from several different regions culled the monkeys tribes to hastily research a genetic cure for the radiation. The plan never succeed.

531 AS - 545 AS
Disappearance of Visitors

Slowly and strangely, tribal scouts reported seeing more and more mass grave of dead people. Smoke emitting from burning human bodies filled the skies with dark smog and the sight can be seen miles away.

550 AS - 555 AS
Competition with Old Rivalries

With the human colonist completely wiped out, the Monkey tribes began to rapidly expand their land claims and engulfing as much Human territory as possible attempt to harbor new technologies in their disposal.

556 AS - 559 AS
Reformation to Primus Federation

With the Confederate losing its power as the relations between the tribes crumble. The native habitats are shocked by the momentum gathering with history repeating itself. An surviving old general under the name of Askuwheteau, stood up in this desperate time and gathered support of its villagers across the region. The goal was to form a new permanent union, merging all tribes into a global Alliance that benefits all the monkeys across the planet. The plan miraculously succeeded and the new Primus Federation was born, with the General acting as the First Chairman of the Federation.

560 AS - 820 AS
The Great Advancement

With the all the Monkeys tribes united almost globally into a Federation, the Monkey race once again saw prosperity and major technological advancement across the entire planet. This period sees the re-invention of floating machines and projectile transport systems as scientist and inventors properly themselves to a world full of new mystery and unknown left by the ex human colonies.

821AS
Modern Day

Primus Federation has elected it's 65th Chairman since the birth of the Union. With the recent activity over the system of Kappa, the Monkeys can no long turn a blind eye with the recent negative activity over the system of Kappa. The Federation Academy was formed under the orders of the Chairmen, and the Monkeys were launched into space,. The goal is to actively to explore the new worlds and factions that surrounds the Planet Primus...

General Statistics

Population of the Federation : 26,890,327
Area accumulated by the federation: 18,106,903 Km
Number of settled Tribes in the Federation: 932
Number of claimed Colonies in the Federation 59

States of the Federation

Main States
Aniyunwiya (Cherokee)
Kanonsionni (Iroquois)
Ndee (Apache)
Numinu (Comanche)
Tsitsistas (Sioux)

Minor States
Dakota
Inuit
Lakota

Religion

Main Religion
The Primordial Church
Mother Nature of Primus

Minor Religion
Mesopotamian (Worships the blue stuff in the sky)
Temple of Scientology (Baboons with solarglasss in suits)

Trade & Commerce

Exports
Elixers - High
Furs - High
Luxury Food - Medium
Tobacco - Medium
Scrap Metal - Medium
Oil - Low
Aluminum - Low
Iridium - Very Low

Imports
Engine Components - High
Ship Hull Panels - High
Optronics - High
Xenobiotic Filters - Medium
Quantum Multiplexors - Medium
Light Arms - Low
Military Vehicles - Very Low
Nuclear Devices - Very Low

Planet Information

Orbiting Cycle: 296 Days
Terrain: Great Plains (37%) Highlands (23%) Lakes (21%) Boreal (19%)
Diameter: 13,146 km
Mass : 5.81 x 10e24g
Temperature: -31c - 25c
Escape Velocity: 11.8 m/s

Naming Convention

As you would have realised, the nomads used Assryian gods, Zoner stations uses Greek locations, the Monkeys, who live in the Parire locations similar to the Great Plains in North America will be using Native Americans names and locations (in their tongue). I know this may end up with naming conflict with the House of Liberty so I am all up for suggestions if there are any.

For individuals, I suggest using the format of :
Given Name . Tribal Name

An example would be:
Eluwilussit Ndee

The name means:
The Holy One of Apache / the people

Overview

I believe the Monkeys have a great potential in game as it is a new faction with an entire sector to explore. With the Corsairs as their close neighbor, they can use their neutrality and carefree attitude to do Artifact / Basic Commodities trade with the House space, possibly entering the industry with Zoners as the rivalry. This can help boosts the monkey's economy or prehaps barter deals with the Corsair Empire, like ship technology or better access in their territory, and then further enforces them with defensive pacts etc.... The short lives of the Monkeys also forces them look towards the Outcasts with their cardamine, which may potentially a create a conflict of decision. I can't think of any thing relating to Order or BHG at the moment but lets see where the boats takes us.

Please feel free to leave comments or suggestions below !

Primus Federation
Faction information

ID

Current: Zoner
Proposed: Monkeys ID (Open ID)
+ Primus Federation ID (Faction ID if official)

Note: It makes sense (in my head) to use Zoner ID due to the ships left behind by the colonist were Zoner. It is also a fairly new race so we want as many new factions to be neutral, then make reputation adjustment as it goes.

Alignment

Human: Quasi-unlawful
Primuian: Lawful

Note: There are two category in this Alignment because To the eyes of the Monkeys, they are doing the right things to protect their people. However, the human may see their actions as harmful to them. Not that it really matters anyway

Federation's Mission:

Primary:
To ensure the continuing survival of the Monkey race
forming new diplomatic relation and secure new military technology.

Secondary:
To explore new territories uncharted by humans
Establish new monkey colonies on planets away from Sirius.

Tertiary:
To extend current lifespan and longevity

Note: The Monkey sees the current situation as a threat to them and wishes to arm themselves for better defense against any intruders to the planet. They also see this human expansion into omicrons as a parasite and wishes to claim their territory further out of Sirius before the humans surrounds them completely.

Diplomatic relations :

●●●●●●●●●● AI
A strange and metallic entity that moves around. Seems to ignore the Monkeys much and stick to confined to the space of some abandoned colonies. The Primus federation would like to eventually make a formal treaty and assume command of the docking ring technology above the atmosphere of Planet Primus.

●●●●●●●●● Corsairs
A barbaric faction that seems to land on Primus more frequently than any other humans. This indicates their home must be in close proximity. These are tough people and seen to be very heavily armed compared to other factions. The Primus Federation believes both factions can benefit greatly both strategically and economically. New diplomatic relation should be handled with care.

●●●●●●●●●● Outcast
An interesting group of people that had their genes altered by the use of cardamine. The effects of this drug has prolong their live but with drawbacks of lower fertility rates. Knowing it may affect relations with the corsairs, the Primus federation Would like to establish a secret relation with this faction to gain access to cardimane for research.

●●●●●●●●●● Bounty Hunters Guild Core
A group of people seen venturing into deeper omicron very recently. They seems to be equipped with state of the arts gadgets and eyes our race with peculiar and curiosity. Not much are known where they originate or their purpose

●●●●●●●●● Order
A group of xenophobic human that dislikes anything thats not ... human. Limited contact has been made to their people as they are a very secretive group. With the recent rumor of conflicts between the AI and a certain Zoner group in the system of Kappa, it is best to be cautious when one come across these beings.

●●●●●●●●● Zoner
Despite the actions of the colonist, old grudges still remain in the tribes but mostly died with the deceased settlers. The monkeys are eager to form new relations these people.

●●●●●●●●●● Nomad
Despite internal conflicts between the religious group within Primus, the Monkeys discovered the real natures of the nomad from wandering pilots to Primus. Nomads may not all be hostiles to Monkeys unlike the Humans, but nothing is certain and extreme precaution should be taken. All Monkey pilots should be armed and ready for any action can be considered harmful or hostile

Note: No official diplomatic contact has actually be made so far, so this is what the monkey is currently thinking inside the box of Primus. The reason the monkey has some information of the surrounding area because the data is actually gathered by the wandering pilots landing at Planet Primus now and again. Any new official contacts will have to be be establish as the Monkey launches themselves into space.

Current Technology List

Old Civilian / Old BorderWorld ship line

Light Fighters
Civilian - Starblazer
Civilian - Hawk
Civilian - Griffen
Border - Scimitar

Heavy Fighter
Civilian - Falcon
Border - Siletto

Very Heavy Fighter
Civilian - Eagle
Border - Switchblade

Bomber
Civilian - Roc

Freighter
Civilian - Repair Ship
Border - Dromedary

Small Transports
Civilian - Pelican
Civilian - Gull
Civilian - Albatross
Civilian - Hercules
Civilian - Hegemon (Restricted)
Civilian - Heron

Large Transports
Civilian - Crane (Restricted)
Civilian - Stork (Restricted)

Note:
I think civilian boats are underused in the server, especially when it comes to Civilian transports when there are much better or cheaper alternative available. I think it would be a great idea to revitalise these ships and see them flying again in space. It goes to say that it fits perfectly well with the lore as it reuse the old ships / component parts they learned that was left behind by the colonists.

Proposed / Research Technology List

Stage 1
Primuian Corvette (A large ship but with only the fire power of a Sirian gunboat, should be Fast & Agile but structurally weak)
Orbital Defensive Weaponry (Cheap to maintain platforms that defends the planet)
Space Station Construction (To allow bigger constructions of ships)

Stage 2
Primuian Destroyer (A very large and quick but structurally weak cruiser, with basic gun or missile armament)
Large Ships Weaponry
Jump Hole Stabilizers

Stage 3
Primuian BattleCruiser (An over buff form of Cruiser with Fighter bays)
Off World Colony / Biodomes

Note : I bet you are going to be thinking ... OMG is this going to be another cap whoring want to be faction ? I would have to say both Yes and No. Yes because I personally think that caps are part of the incentive for both new and old players to play or join the faction. No because it will be under powered compared to the sirian counterparts with a lot of limitations. The Monkeys are fairly new to ship constructions, and not to mention, there will be a limited amount of ships in production so the first sets of capital would be account shared (if we get to that point). In addition, the flight zones will be reduced to only the orbit of Primus, and at max the system of Kappa. This is to encourage better control over the capitals.

Faction Play style

As the underdogs of Sirius, ships and weaponry load-outs will be weaker. No code names should be used unless role played. Players should use flight or fight for self preservation. The faction will actively encourage the use of cunning and trickery towards the enemy and will certainly approve of playing dirty. The pilots will be given thumbs up when they over numbering enemy (ganking) or docking from a battle and let the orbital defenses do the work for them.
No to eastern eggs in a serious mod.
The Primus monkeys were removed from the Mod. They were replaced with AIs. I dont think we shall get the monkeys back.
Give him a break guys, it's a well thought out write-up. Quit being so quick to jump to conclusions when someone has an idea. Bit of tweaking ID wise and it'll be fine. My only worry is that the Judges also tried writing themselves into every aspect of Sirian history and they ended up being ridiculed to no end.
Great idea, but I'd consult the Consensus AI official faction in Skype.
(02-24-2014, 08:34 PM)JayDee Wrote: [ -> ]The Primus monkeys were removed from the Mod. They were replaced with AIs. I dont think we shall get the monkeys back.

I've been thinking the same about the Monkey idea way before but then I saw its actually replaced with AIs so, denied. The Monkeys can be around as easter eggs, but having them back? Nah, Primus shall stay under AI control. Also ask the official Consensus first.
Thanks for the feedback so far guys. Guess Ill hit the leader of the AI's up somewhere on Skype or forum. Yes, I was sad to recently discover everything on the Planet was tweaked into the AI control recently. I wonder could the change be reverted to monkey skins and apply a new IFF ?

As for why the Monkeys cannot be in the mod, I have seen more weird concepts popping up in this game than this, not to mention the AI planet are also originally an Easter egg. So the question is what makes it in some way that AIs are more capable to play with but not the Monkeys?

Edit: : As for you comment and comparison with the judges, the monkeys will stick plainly around the home of Primus where are far more issues to worry about. Yes the monkeys can travel everywhere but the presence will not be notice or felt by the houses at all.
You guys do realize the robots on Gammu were easter eggs, too, right?

In theory, the AIs shouldn't exist, either but, since they do, I'd kind of give a chance to monkeys, although it'd be quite lame, regardless of how hard one tries.
Pages: 1 2 3