Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Make the CSV a Heavy Fighter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pretty much what the title says. Since the CSF is a superior freighter, and the Junkers doesn't need another one if the CSV gets rebalanced, it'd might as well become a fighter type.

My line of thought is that it already uses the HF engines, have a proper amount of hull for a HF, and is about the same size as a upside-down reversing Kingfisher, as well as being a neglected model which I find integral to the Junker flavour.

While this would necessitate changes to the cargo hold, turning rate and energy core, I think it would make the ship itself useful as a RP platform again, since we have a new beginner ship now. My suggestion would be:

Quote:-Add a Cruise disruptor.
-Change the cargo hold to about 80-100 to keep it in line with the other Junker ships while making it stand out from the other Heavy Fighters.
-Set the agility to that of a semi-agile VHF or a slower HF to account for the larger cargobay, and boost the power core to that of a standard HF core.
-Keep the hull strength and switch the shield hardpoint to a HF shield hardpoint.
-Rebalance the amount of bots/bats to a suitable amount.

As for the weapon slots, they might need to be lowered to another weapon tier, though if they remain at two, I'd say they could stay as lvl 10. I'd add a Mine mount, however. Placing the thruster where the CM is now would free up the sides of the ship where the CM and Mine could be placed for a more balanced look. The CD could be placed in the indentation at the front.
The CSF isn't a "Superior Freighter". It's nice, it's effective, it does its job. It's simply one of our few ships that doesn't suck. I do agree, though, that the CSV should remain a sort of unique ship with 2 guns and 1 turret, with high level slots to be effective, and a decent bot/bat capacity to actually roleplay as a "Combat Service Vehicle". It wouldn't need to be a huge amount, like a repair ship; just, say, 200, which would be pretty much the same as the Liberty "Grizzly" capacity of 195. In this way the CSV would still not be overpowered in any way, but would be able to roleplay as an actual "Combat Service Vehicle" giving a small amount of repairs to allies.
Well, as far as "superior" goes, I'm strictly going by the cargo space, the cruise speed, the core, the bat/bot number, the turning speed... And the fact that it's more of a freighter-based model in general.

The main reason I see for not keeping the CSV as a freighter is that it's way too small for any real cargo buffs. They wouldn't make much sense without making the model a LOT larger. I do agree on your idea of a more support oriented craft, though. It'd make it stand out. The main problem with adding that many bots/bats is that the ship is way too small for those numbers. As it is now, it's survivable through kiting, and can fit a lot of armor to balance the bigger shield, with the core and the regens being the downsides.
Leave it alone.
Why? Because if you know how to use it, it's a very useful ship.
Two missiles, smallish size and a load of bots and bats makes this a nasty combination as a support ship.
The model is also iconic. I couldn't bear to see another iconic Junker ship get replaced.
(02-21-2014, 04:41 PM)Nightingale Wrote: [ -> ]Since the CSF is a superior freighter

Wat.

Camara, Bactrian, Grizley, rhino...
I'm not suggesting a model replacement. I'm suggesting a ship rebranding. Right now, it's a bit of an odd one out, being one of the few un-rebalanced ships to remain in the mod after most vanilla ships got removed. Rebalancing the ship into another ship class while keeping its main appeal would make it more viable. Besides, the current Junker HF is possibly the worst model in the game. It's being replaced, sure. But we already have a perfectly viable ship which sorely needs some TLC.

Oh, and Sindroms: none of those are Junker freighters? Why would I compare the CSV and CSF to the ships of another faction? Within the Junker ship-line, the CSV isn't even comparable to the CSF. Ergo, why I called it superior.
(02-21-2014, 07:12 PM)Nightingale Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not suggesting a model replacement. I'm suggesting a ship rebranding. Right now, it's a bit of an odd one out, being one of the few un-rebalanced ships to remain in the mod after most vanilla ships got removed. Rebalancing the ship into another ship class while keeping its main appeal would make it more viable. Besides, the current Junker HF is possibly the worst model in the game. It's being replaced, sure. But we already have a perfectly viable ship which sorely needs some TLC.

It does not need a remodel. The people who want it remodeled are the people who do not fly the ship, they just look at it and go "ew, that ship probably isn't good because it doesn't look like a super HD mlg graphics ship. I'm not going to fly it"
If you use the bulldog correctly, it is a very good ship. The model combined with its texture make it an awesome stealth ship.

If it really is getting a new model, I will be very disappointed as those asking for a new model have no idea what they're talking about.
Id rather they make the model 5 times bigger and stick a slot in there for a jumpdrive call it the hyperactive dumpster.