Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mouse Disappearing/Graphic Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings everyone,

Hopefully this does not set off a bad impression considering its my first post but I been trying to get back into Discovery, originally I had I believe it was version 48.6, now I have updated to 48.7, but I am running into an issue. Originally, in 48.6, I did not have this issue before but when running 48.7, It seems my mouse will show up at the main menu as a giant white box in the top left hand corner, then when I move it, it will look normal. Once I click a menu button, the mouse will disappear and I will be forced to kind of guess where my mouse actually is. Also in addition, the graphics on the sliders and icons in my inventory (such as pictures of the turrents, etc) have these giant green boxes next to them.

I would like to stress that doing some quick tests, it seems the issue is only apparent with the Discovery Mod. Vanilla freelancer is fine, so I have not re-installed it but I have installed the mod multiple times, including it having it patched to Update 5 and still to no avail. Lastly, I have read another thread called "mouse going, going, gone" where the user had a similar issue but I do not think they actually answered his question, so I am hoping there might be an answer for me. Thanks again for any input!

If screenshots are needed, let me know ! Smile

EDIT:After going to the classic Starport forums of freelancer, I was looking around there, and found out someone had a graphics issue that was due to apps running in the background. I decided to turn off my apps (steam and Evolve), and found the game to be working 100% normal. I ran steam again, and found out the issue was being caused by my Evolve client. Thank you for all the help!
Have you tried re-downloading Update 5, then making a clean install of v4.87, then applying the patch?
(02-25-2014, 05:43 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried re-downloading Update 5, then making a clean install of v4.87, then applying the patch?

Yes, I have done that as well and it still glitches out on me unfortunately. Sorry for late response, days flew by and I got carried away by other things.
im thinking its a comp spec, driver issue

please post your specs etc
(02-27-2014, 04:23 PM)evanz Wrote: [ -> ]im thinking its a comp spec, driver issue

please post your specs etc

Here you go, I have given a DxDiag of my computer specs to give more detailed info to everyone. Sorry again for late responses, during weekdays im very busy but I do read for responses; been trying to find time to play again but its all getting cleared up so I will be responding more frequently. Thanks again for all the help offered so far!