Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: I hope I am not too late
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello everyone... on one other game(links down) players told me about this game... and I could not believe I didn't found this game... its just amazing I love everything about it, I hope I didn't come to late to join.

I must say I am huge fan of star trek universum, and all space stuff Big Grin, I searched game like this but I didn't find this one, I played a lot star trek bridge commander, and one similar game I forgot name... but this game is huge and complex and I didn't play single player, I played it to mission 6 its mission after they want to kill you and you run off planet with that woman... but I could not wait to get online... and I said darn it I am installing discovery

I think I got the grip pretty quickly, starter with transporter, behemoth, whale, and now I am saving money to buy one of battleships, I will see which one

Players who told me about this game went to other game its also mod of old game
Fallout1 and Fallout2 its called FOnline engine, there are few servers which exist but this one is most popular for now,
http://fonline2.com/
http://fonline-status.ru/en/

sorry for advertising, I want to share good community based game which provided me with info about this game.

back to the topic... I am still exploring I lot I have some troubles understanding some rules... are they server based or RP based, what if you cross some rules, I don't mean any cheating just things about ID-s and role plays
hi.

you lookin for a good community? ehhhhhhhhhhhhh (stay away from forums/ visit only rp and trading sections)

you can cross rules, just 1)learn from mistakes and 2)don't get caught and if you do get caught, repeat step 1)

to play extensively you will need better knowledge of the mod @ discoverygc.com/wiki which has lots of general info useful to new players.
Hello there, and welcome to the Discovery GC!

The post above was rather blunt, we're not all that bad. Merely difficult to deal with now and then, but nothing that's impossible to get used to.

We 'are' in fact a roleplay server, at least the most populated server which these forums are dedicated to, are. There are two different sets of rules. One, the rules that you can find on the menu to the right. Those are the server rules, something that you will get in trouble for breaching ingame.

Elsewhere, there are other rules for each 'house'. For example, the rules of the houses which can be found by clicking on the blue text. Those rules are enforced by the players, and will only affect your roleplay character, instead of you as a whole if you choose to break them. Of course, there are groups made to break these rules, known as the unlawfuls.

I'd try to find a good balance between RP and PvP to keep one happy, although it always varies from person to person, it's up to you to decide what you enjoy.

See you in space.
so for example
whale have zoner ID which says

-can not dock transports with more then 3600 within any house exept...

if I do this, which rules I brake, RP player driver rules, or servers rules, I asked players and I get diffenernt answers

some of them said you will braek RP rules you can get attacked by owners of that house... and police and so on...

some of them said that I would be braking server rules by doing this, which could possibly get me in some jail time or something like that I don't know exact term they used, its some place which doesn't have jump gates that...
Everything on the ID's that you see, are server rules.
Within your example, that would not be breaking RP rules, but the server rules.
Hi welcome to discovery. Enjoy your stay. The admins have sweeties so if you find one shoot him and take his sweeties!
Hello there,welcome to disco
Hi,welcome here Big Grin
Hello and welcome to DIsco,I see you used to play Star Trek Bridge Commander.I used to play STBC for a long time and always wanted to check out the Multiplayer,but sadly you cant play Multiplayer as no one plays STBC AND you also need to find one who has run the patch.If you are interested we could play STBC Multiplayer sometime together.
Feel free to as any doubts or questions you may have about the Server and gameplay the people in this community are very helpfull.
me again... I am not sure where everything is on this forum... so I will post my problems here for now
I wanted to join librety navy I made thier restart, bought ship, ID... I wanted to leave their systems but everywhere I go I am surounded by mines and I dont know how to pass them I dont see them they just expode and I die...

and then this problem, my ship looks like this and its not only ship with which I have this problem its missing wings, nose, but on stations it looks normal

http://clip2net.com/s/6UOwEw
Pages: 1 2