Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: DeeQ Returns...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Been a while I know but I'm coming back... The whole tech-bubble thing kinda worked out so now I have a ***** of time on my hands Smile

Interested to know who from the old crowd is still active (anyone seen JihadJoe?) and such.

Anyway, hope you'll welcome back an 08' veteran!

Cheers guys,

Dav
hi (wave)
(Wave) What are the chances? same month in the same year...

Spooky.

Dav
not spooky at all. I've been expecting you, Clarice.

things have changed a bunch around here.

1, gallia. Ye, angry frenchmen, pissed off about being the 'designated decoy' have arrived in space, and are intent on revenge. almost every trade run has its best sell price in gallia, as we are expected to powertrade in this direction to create activity in the wonderful new sandbox. it's not working.

2. cruise drains your laser powers. this really hampers all traders and stops people from cruising at a target, engine killing and spitting out a torpedo which now travels relativistically

3. player operated bases. easy to buy, difficult to upkeep, and gangs of people are required to shoot them down, so many infact that the server breaks and falls over

4. PoB's can make jump drives and cloaks. these have effectively ruined piracy, and lawful activity is suffering as a result

5. the four hour rule is a two hour rule

6. cap ships can pirate you

7. no-one blames zelot anymore, they all blame blodo.

8. zoner caps are now 'unsustainable by such a small faction', and are being replaced by transports, as a result of either a) the designer of the ships leaving the faction b) the refusal of the zoners to hand over one of their toys c) all of the above.

9. guard rep is not needed to buy a cap ship anymore.

10. type /showrestarts in game so you can see the enormous range of restarts

11. type /conn with an empty cargo hold to be magically transported to the pvp zone. type /return to go back

12. nomads don't have to make a demand before they kill you, but they do have to roleplay

13. jihadjoe is no longer an admin (sadface)
Welcome back, dude.
1. No-one 'really' likes the french...
2. Good idea...
3. I've heard this one before...
4. Smells like cheese...
5. Nice idea if we could up the server l0ad...
6. Really? My "Peacekeeper-:-Elysium" Battlestar would have killed at this party
7. Blodo was the root of all evil... marginally ahead of FellowHoodlum
8. ...Wierd
9. Good...
10. Cool beans...
11. Eh?
12. FUUUUUCKKKKXXXXXX UUUU NOOOOMAAAADDDD
13. Sad times...
Cheers Kaz, good to be back in action

Dav
Welcome back to disco.
Thanks Bulldog. Maybe get me an in with your BH boys for a char eh?

Dav
You're a doofus. I don't like you. Join Planetform.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=111649