Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Battleship for Official Factions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello, with the uproar over the whole Zoner ship line disaster (IMO), its brought up another issue I foresee on the horizon, and that is Caps for Official factions only.

IF this is the direction the server is going, I would ask that it only apply to Battleships and not Cruisers. Otherwise there just wont be anything fun to earn for indy players IMO. Just a thought I wanted to put out there as personally I dont fly snubs at all, I cant pvp in them at all, especially with my terrible internet connection, I get nothing but lag and I don't wanna only fly transports. And I dont care much for allot of the faction choices.
Cruisers in current form are superior to everything. Battleships are of use only for Role Play and sieging bases.
Not really the point though, Battleships are supposed to be the kings of battle, The RP platform suits factions.

EDIT: Plus they can always fix battleships
I honestly can't see battleships as a whole becoming SRP/officials only. That would undo a LOT without aligning anything to the lore of the mod.
Ok good, It just seemed that the server might be going that way, I agree they should be available to everyone, but was just trying to head it off "Just in case"
Ummm...I don't remember the last time I saw a official faction Capital ship lol...

Mind as well remove them if you are gonna SRP/Officials only them :/
(02-27-2014, 09:24 PM).Gypsy. Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, with the uproar over the whole Zoner ship line disaster, its brought up another issue I foresee on the horizon, and that is Caps for Official factions only.
I don't see it as a disaster, so that's opinion stated as fact, not a good thing.

(02-27-2014, 09:24 PM).Gypsy. Wrote: [ -> ]IF this is the direction the server is going, I would ask that it only apply to Battleships and not Cruisers. Otherwise there just wont be anything fun to earn for indy players.
There's plenty of stuff for indies to buy that isn't cap ships... Transports, equipment, bombers, fighters, gunboats, bases, etc... Again, opinion stated as fact.

(02-27-2014, 09:24 PM).Gypsy. Wrote: [ -> ]Just a thought I wanted to put out there as personally I dont fly snubs at all, I cant pvp in them at all, especially with my terrible internet connection, I get nothing but lag and I don't wanna only fly transports. And I dont care much for allot of the faction choices.
Oh look, opinion stated as opinion for a change, nice.

I've had cruisers/battleships before, I didn't like them, I only used them for NPC farming. I don't really care what happens to caps.
At the risk of hearing final nail quips...

I have watched what happens from start to end when a server restricts capships to official players and only allows indie ships to be obtained if they are registered on a forum thread. It'll kill the server. This move, made by the once very popular DiscoUSA server, set off a decline that eventually left them with no players.

Please, just don't.
(02-27-2014, 10:16 PM)Kazinsal Wrote: [ -> ]That would undo a LOT

Lol, like turning battleships into transports wouldn't...

Seriously, if you don't just do the caps-for-officials-only thing, and do it smart, you can align it with the lore. E.g. it is not to be applied to house navies. Why? Because navy caps are meant to be numerous. Means it applies to the underdog factions. Why? Because they are not meant to have a lot of caps, only a few. And then the official faction should ensure that they really won't have a lot of caps. Both a reward and a responsibility for officials. (And to balance out, underdogs could have better bombers for compensation maybe?)

Either that or turn the Jormungand into a superminer. (just an example, nothing personal...)
There's a reason why Navies of today don't employ Battleships.

Ships that are smaller and are cheaper to produce can effectively destroy them.

Same with Carriers. Large of amounts of torpedoes in real life will sink ANY ship. Same logic applies to Disco.

As such, Battleships aren't -that- useful, aside from waving a big CAU8/BS skanar penis around.
Pages: 1 2 3 4