Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Orca and the Bottlenose.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'll skip the minor details. In .86, the Orca was lame and the bottlenose was overpowered. The devs took up the task of remodeling them.

Come .87, the Orca and the Bottlenose are awful. The Orca was promised to get a new model and new stats. It only got a model that is actually larger than a Bret Gunboat. Flying an Orca in .87 is like flying a Bretonian Gunboat but without the fun.
The Bottlenose got upscaled. That would've probably balanced the ship, if not for it's other stats. It's too big for the armour it's got. It gets easily mowed down by snubcraft, and other ships have and even easier job of mowing it down now.

Evidently, both these ships are in need of re-balancing. Here are some suggestions:

Orca:
  • Buffed to 150,000 hull points
  • 450 bots and bats
  • Forward gun gets buffed to a 1.00 refire, damage gets nerfed to 25,000. Forward gun arc could use a bit of freeing up.
  • Other stats relatively stay the same.
(03-01-2014, 10:20 AM)EisenSeele Wrote: [ -> ]Could the Orca also have its arcs fixed? The rear coverage is needlessly atrocious.

Bottlenose:
  • Hull points buffed to a value between 80,000 and 95,000?
  • Bots and bats raised to 300

These are only suggestions and thoughts I've had based on various discussions that have arisen from BHG| and BHG|Core.
Feedback is appreciated.
I Agree with this
1+
Any dev input pl0x?
Could the Orca also have its arcs fixed? The rear coverage is needlessly atrocious.
still waiting...
Is it still not fixed?

lol.
The arcs were improved, but still somewhat poor.
It was silly that Orca arcs didn't work for 2 updates :/
Or you could resize the Orca.
(03-02-2014, 04:09 PM)Tal Wrote: [ -> ]Or you could resize the Orca.

inb4 Orca will be the same as the .86 bottlenose?
(03-02-2014, 04:10 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2014, 04:09 PM)Tal Wrote: [ -> ]Or you could resize the Orca.

inb4 Orca will be the same as the .86 bottlenose?

doubtful.
Pages: 1 2