Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How do I run FL on a Mac...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Title says it all.
you buy a pc
(03-04-2014, 10:57 PM)larzac Wrote: [ -> ]you buy a pc

I have a PC. But maybe you should downgrade your PC and buy a MacBook, just so you can have the same issue I have.

Anyone else?
I'm not sure if it will run in wine or any of its equivalents. I installed BootCamp on my mine and boot to Windows 7 if I'm going to play on my macbook. Sorry that isn't much help.
Best option is to install Windows 7 via Boot Camp. Not sure if FL runs very well in Parallels or VirtualBox.
(03-04-2014, 11:07 PM)Dead Reckoning Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if it will run in wine or any of its equivalents.
FL runs under Wine (I've tested it on Linux), but only for SP. I've only heard of a couple of people who ever got it to work on MP.
Probably because FL communicates over UDP. I don't know if Wine can set up a UDP listener on the host. Never used it before so very limited knowledge.
I... Would assume it can. I heard the issue was to do with DirectPlay.
I run FL mp in linux via vmware 10 with windows 7 virtual machine, im assuming the same principle works for mac with vmware fusion.
No, but you may install vmware fusion/workstation with windows on it - and run it.
Pages: 1 2