Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Limit faction specific ships to specific faction ID
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

This post is made in reaction to this:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread...pid1492503

"since stuff like pirate IDed Ascos in Omegas were considered a problem"

Now, here is a question: why can a pirate ID-d character even use an Asco? It is Brigand specific, so a pirate ID should have a 10% core with it or something like that (nerf it to be useless). General pirate ID should use general pirate ships, right? You want an Asco? Join the Brigands. Same is for other faction specific ships, like the Salvager, Golem, etc. I think they should be useable only by their relevant factions, and close allies (like Maquis using Asco is reasonable).
As in this case (Asco ammo, see link above), the Brigand players get limited because the general pirates use the ship in an ooRP way. I think it should be the other way around.
People usually say "I stole it." You did? Then RP it on forum and ask for an SRP.
This way people would be more motivated to join the specific faction; why would someone join the Brigands, if an Asco can be flown by a general pirate, who has unlimited zoi?
I do not know how much have changed in this matter since the implementation of the shipcompat plugin, but Aerelm's answer suggest that general pirates still can use asco. Why?
Bigger question: why should the pirate ID have access to faction tech at all?
(03-06-2014, 10:32 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Bigger question: why should the pirate ID have access to faction tech at all?

a good question indeed.

seems like its similar to the wave of FL cougars that were around a while ago.