Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello there! I'm excited :D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi!

I'm Jonas, 25 years old and I live in the Netherlands. Can't wait to jump right into this game!

This mod/server came to my attention after watching the video "Let's Play Discovery Freelancer 4.87 - Part 1 Setting up." by someone named Sindroms.
Immediately I was hooked on the idea that I could choose a lot of interesting things to RP with this mod on your server, with you guys Smile

I have RPed before in GTA San Andreas multiplayer (On a server based in Red County, if you're interested Tongue) and I started out 3 years ago as a newbie in a world that was unknown to me. And I loved that because when a world is new, unknown but vibrant, it feels real and immersive to me. Then I worked and RPed my way to the top, becoming the faction leader of one of the official factions and also an administrator Smile

I feel like this again, the same feeling when I first joined that gta server and got exposed to the living, vibrant world that's made up of actual people.

But now, instead of the whole new world being some counties to explore in San Andreas, this whole new world is of epic proportions.

I hope to be immersed and really can not wait to get started Big Grin

P.S. Never played a Freelancer mod before, let alone this one. So any helpful knowhow's 'n tips are welcome. I already read through the server rules and the whole beginners sticky. But any other help is appreciated Smile
>Played SAMP/MTA
Good game, fun to RP in too. Welcome to the community Smile
Here's a link to relevant guides that might help you: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=97737
Welcome hope you enjoy Disco and the RP in it
Thanks a bunch guys Smile

I just wanted to play and I got a virus warning, got crashes to desktop.

I was thinking: WHYYY

Then I looked on the help forums and got the solution Wink

Added an exception to my antivirus.. let's try again

-edit; SUCCESS, see you ingame xD
Hey, man, welcome to the madhouse, glad to know you liked the vid.
If you ever have any questions, just post them here or on the help section. Most of the community is very eager to help new peeps. I also suggest joining up with a faction. Unlike other games, where clans are mainly used for raids and such, Discovery has a completely different mentality when it comes to such groups and believe me, without getting to know a few people to fly with, Disco gets boring very fast.
Hello there,welcome to Disco Big Grin
Welcome!

If you're looking to make a money-making trader,.check out Gateway Shipping!

See ya in space! Wink
(03-08-2014, 02:44 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, man, welcome to the madhouse, glad to know you liked the vid.
If you ever have any questions, just post them here or on the help section. Most of the community is very eager to help new peeps. I also suggest joining up with a faction. Unlike other games, where clans are mainly used for raids and such, Discovery has a completely different mentality when it comes to such groups and believe me, without getting to know a few people to fly with, Disco gets boring very fast.

Oh yes I intend to join a faction, but first I shall amass a small fortune Smile

In the meantime I will learn about the server and the discovery universe, and figure out what I want my role to be in it. Yeeehaw!
Welcome to Disco! Have fun@!
Fly safe!

Or dont Smile

I dont. Its more fun that way.
Pages: 1 2 3 4