Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: ID usage for unofficial groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't seem to find it anymore, but at some point we had a written or unwritten rule that any group using a tag are to use one single ID.

Now, what I can't remember about it wether or not it was indeed one single ID or an ID that shares the same reputation sheet.

In other words, was it possible for a group to use, say, a LN and LSF ID, for the sake of example.
Quote:Each faction or group can only use one ID.

Faction Creation Rules
That applies to factions that aren't planningon ggoing for officialdom though.

So based on what I've read, it's perfectly fine for that group that shall not be named to use the IMG, Samura, GMG, Kempatai and KNF IDs so they can mine ore whilst have Kusari cap ships to save them when they need it and avoid some of their enemies engaging them.
I think even admins previously stated that ships tagged with same tag should use one ID. Of course such profiteering groups doesn´t care and their answer to any warning will be probably just taking down the tags. There is not much it can be done with this unfortunately. Maybe if they use GMG and Samura ID within one group, this can be against rule 1.3 because cooperating between those two is against roleplay of both of them.
I would personally say that as long as it's not something stupid like Order and K'hara or enemy's and as long as they're allied to each other it's fine, just as long as it's not for personal gain, like an ID that's allied to IMG but they also use the IMG ID to get bonuses and stuff, iygwim. That's my opinion
Unofficial factions are allowed to use multiple IDs

i checked.
(03-08-2014, 07:09 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]Unofficial factions are allowed to use multiple IDs

i checked.

Yeah, but they'd have to be used within RP limitations
(03-08-2014, 07:34 PM)Snoopyman Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2014, 07:09 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]Unofficial factions are allowed to use multiple IDs

i checked.

Yeah, but they'd have to be used within RP limitations

Yeah ofc.
thats why u write all dat lore
(03-08-2014, 03:36 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]I can't seem to find it anymore, but at some point we had a written or unwritten rule that any group using a tag are to use one single ID.

Now, what I can't remember about it wether or not it was indeed one single ID or an ID that shares the same reputation sheet.

In other words, was it possible for a group to use, say, a LN and LSF ID, for the sake of example.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1746

Quote:I. Process of making an unofficial faction or group

1. Each faction has only one leader. The leader of the faction must also assign at least one second in command

2. Leader should choose an ID and IFF that all members of the group will use on their faction characters.

3. Post your faction idea in the Unofficial Factions and Groups subforum. Ask about others opinions! This will help you on next stage.

I have no idea, how the ruling on "should" is applied Big Grin