Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Fighters Pulses need to be balance.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In our situation, when hullbusters inflict a lot of damage, pulses remained unchanged. Waste of energy for LF 800 for 1 gun at 1000 regen. Damage difference between pulses and hullbusters insignificant.

All this makes the pulses useless, since they occupy the slot. I think we need to reduce the energy loss or or increase damage to shields.

Your opinion?
They're only useless if you're using slower weapons for shotguns. For 4.00s and faster weapons, they still deal more shield damage per second, so they're worth it. At that rate of fire, as well, it's better to have a couple fewer hull weapons when the shields are down, so you can fire longer and save energy.

Maybe they could be buffed a little bit, but it's not a terrible issue at the moment, I think.
Shield resistance against all hullbusters was increased, so the issue you're pointing out is already handled.

shields used to take x1.2 damage from the type they were vulnerable to, x1.0 from the type they were neutral to, and x0.8 they were resistant to. Now the numbers are 0.6, 0.75 and 0.9 respectively. It means it took ~5 shots from a full 4.00 refire hullbuster loadout to down a neutral shield before, and so it does with the new stats.
Thanks.
Now I understand why it is so difficult to remove the shield VHF, you just reduced the damage on it. At the same time, VHF with its huge damage to shield easily removes HF or LF shield with hullbusters.
Considering the difference between the amount of damage absorption shield, you have created a problem that I'm talking about.

You balanced VHF pvp, but forgot about HF and LF.
The abovementioned changes have been applied to every shield ingame, and not just the VHF ones.

So that means with those adjustments made, it takes roughly the same number of hits from the same full hullbuster loadout to down the same shield - regardless of class, type or capacity -, both before and after the update. It's always been easier to down a LF shield with a full hullbuster loadout than a VHF shield so that's of no concern as the "difficulty difference" has been kept the same.