Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hi! I'm pissed. Can someone help me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1st, i want to thanks the admins for helping me register.

My ingame characters are:

RaDiC[00] Freelancer
RaDiC[01] Pirate

I've been playing for like a month plus now, maybe less. So i just started the pirate account. I was in Sigma-13 waiting to pirate when two Harvesters came. There was a group of MM~ pilots around. Since my back was turn, i got attacked from behind. I went on to attack the two harvesters. When i realise that i couldnt win, i hit cruise and try to run. Got disrupted, so re-engaged to try to scare them, Hit cruise again, got disrupted, re-engaged again.

While this was happening, one of the MM~ guys was telling that what i did was illegal. From my understanding if, you try to flee and got disrupted, i can re-engage. Tell me if i am wrong.

Quote:
"5.6 If a player engages cruise engine or docks during a PvP fight, this player is considered fleeing. The fleeing player must leave and may not re-enter the system where the fight took place with any of the characters on his/her account(s) while the enemy (player or players involved in the fight) remains in the system, but no more than 4 hours.

However, the fleeing player can re-engage at will if chased.[u]"

So i was typing my explanation to them. Guees what. One of those MM~ guys blew my ship up. Behind my back. I think that's an abuse of power, taking advantage of the confusion that he caused in the 1st place. Clearly i can tell that the harvester didnt kill me, since they were right infront of me.

If any of you MM~ people out there reading this. Please tell your comrades or whatever Merc your called that stating rules which you think you understand and makes a guy stop for a while to think and explain, then destroys you while typing an explanation is way not cool. I pretty much hate MM~ now, for the very bad experience.

Rgds,
RaDiC
Well, I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experence on the server starting out. I'm certain that's not what they wanted, people are just PvP addicts anymore and it's kind of hard to get any kind of word in at times.

Just do what I do...it's just water off the back man, let it roll off you and move on. Explain to the MM guy that what he did upset you and that you want to figure out a way to deal with it in a respectable way, don't post that "I'm pissed" and expect to get any kind of respectable answer from them in return.

Good luck on the server man, hope to see you out there...and watch out for Shan-Katacuchi, she's really mean:P

~Leo
If possible, could you send me the name(s) of the MM~ pilot(s) involved via PM?

I will talk to them and listen to their view on the things that happened.

I am sorry that such an incident happened and you are "hating" us now.
1. Welcome to Discovery. Not a great welcome, but I'd like to extend an olive branch.

2. From my understanding, you bet your butt you can reengage. They shot you out of cruise. Give 'em heck. People don't understand that cruise charging means they've won the fight, they just want to see the death message for the Screenshot. We in the SCRA will disrupt fleeing targets as well, fully realizing that if they shoot back again, that's their right.

3. Mandelorians shouldn't indiscriminately kill you, especially in Sig13, unless under contract...they're mercs after all, you SHOULD have been able to "hire" them to kill off the Harvesters if they didn't mind working for unlawfuls. Flo might have a better answer, he's the new leader of the Mandelore faction.

4. As Abaddon says, let it go. ****e happens, especially where you get a lot of different people together, the serious and the not-so. go back to having a good time blowing up traders on that notorious run, and do your RP.

5. Welcome to Discovery!
' Wrote:1st, i want to thanks the admins for helping me register.

My ingame characters are:

RaDiC[00] Freelancer
RaDiC[01] Pirate

I've been playing for like a month plus now, maybe less. So i just started the pirate account. I was in Sigma-13 waiting to pirate when two Harvesters came. There was a group of MM~ pilots around. Since my back was turn, i got attacked from behind. I went on to attack the two harvesters. When i realise that i couldnt win, i hit cruise and try to run. Got disrupted, so re-engaged to try to scare them, Hit cruise again, got disrupted, re-engaged again.

While this was happening, one of the MM~ guys was telling that what i did was illegal. From my understanding if, you try to flee and got disrupted, i can re-engage. Tell me if i am wrong.

Quote:
"5.6 If a player engages cruise engine or docks during a PvP fight, this player is considered fleeing. The fleeing player must leave and may not re-enter the system where the fight took place with any of the characters on his/her account(s) while the enemy (player or players involved in the fight) remains in the system, but no more than 4 hours.

However, the fleeing player can re-engage at will if chased.[u]"

So i was typing my explanation to them. Guees what. One of those MM~ guys blew my ship up. Behind my back. I think that's an abuse of power, taking advantage of the confusion that he caused in the 1st place. Clearly i can tell that the harvester didnt kill me, since they were right infront of me.

If any of you MM~ people out there reading this. Please tell your comrades or whatever Merc your called that stating rules which you think you understand and makes a guy stop for a while to think and explain, then destroys you while typing an explanation is way not cool. I pretty much hate MM~ now, for the very bad experience.

Rgds,
RaDiC

Glad you got on the forums. However please remember the after battle shat we had. Pleae remember the time I took to help you get some ideas together after I realized you were new.

As it was we Harvesters jumped in to help him since he had a Junker tag. We would have then assessed his ship further after the threat was eliminated. However he then attacked us as we helped him. There was a break down in RP for a moment but I thought by the end we got it all patched up.

Just remember to give the same respect you would like to recieve. I am Harvester_17. And in reguards to those ideas we were talking about.....

Read these they may help. RP laws not to be confused with server rules

Talk to someone named Unseelie here to get more scoop on Britonian privateers and how make an indy one and recognize a factionalized one. So, you know your friends and allies.

This is data on the Harvesters.

PM me if you have any questions. And a free piece of advise. Dont sound accuseing and give the benefit of the doubt, so that way you can get the same.

Take care buddy.
I'm sorry to hear of your first encounter with the Mandelorians, but welcome to Disco none-the-less. Just make some friends and have fun, that's all we can ask of you.

Oh, and keep away from Synth Paste. It's known to cause.....Bad things to happen. I dare not mention them here....
First of all, Radic, welcome to Discovery.

Second of all, people. Let's not jump to conclusions here, right. I find it interesting how many threads start over assumptions and then just keep snowballing. Everyone that has been around here should know by now that when a thread like this starts, there's always a second side to the story, so, let's get to it, shall we?

About the encounter:
First of all, let me assure you that the attack on our part wasn't random. We do have a contract involving disrupting piracy to an extent in Sigma-13. However, since the community (unfortunately) can't be trusted not to metagame information, I won't disclose the terms of that contract.

Second of all, the fact that Radic is new to the server was made pretty clear to us by his choice of hardware and role, as he was flying a Bretonian Gunboat with a Pirate ID...

[Image: radic02-1179029.jpg]

Sure, that doesn't necessarily mean he had a questionable RP status. Maybe, instead, we were seeing an extraordinary character there. But then again, given his overall behavior, we kinda doubted that...

[Image: radic01-1179028.jpg]

I remember when I first joined the server, PvPing was pretty confusing to me, it's kind of an overwhelming experience when you're still getting around with controlling your ship and catching your bearings during the fight.

When our interaction with you started, the Harvesters were still in New Berlin. You can see it on my radar in the second picture posted (which in fact happened before the first one where I got to scan for the ID), the only ones there were the three Mandalorians, you and a trader. I remember quite clearly saying, "Prepare yourself to breath vacuum, pirate." as we approached your ship to attack it. When I got there, Jango was orbiting your ship for some time, since he had a head start over me and Billy (again, check the SS for the distances). Well, after our attack on your ship started, the Harvesters jumped to the system, you can see in the picture where I got the scan, that the Harvesters were still identifying what was going on there. See, "BHG parts detected" there? Also, you can see in that picture that my ship's energy bar isn't full (so I had been firing there) and that not only your shields aren't intact, but in fact you don't even have shield batteries. We had two bombers and a gunship on you.

Ah, by the way, I got confused. You were saying "careful mates" to the mercenaries attacking you behind your back or to the murdering AI ships you said you were fighting in the first place?

Now, let me tell you this. The battle got really confusing when the Harvesters jumped to Sigma-13, we had to switch targets to them once they arrived since their two gunboats starting attacking Jango (our gunship), we let you go, since you were in fact cruising away and put our attentions to the Harvesters. I did a pass in one of their gunships and turned around to wait for my ship's energy to replenish, that's when I saw your gunboat coming about and coming back to the fight. If someone disrupted you, either it was the Harvesters or an NPC, because we Mandalorians were too busy trying to get Jango out of the Harvesters' clutches.

The whole thing got confusing as BOTH the Harvesters and Jango started accusing you of re-engagement. What I'm sorry about and will try to correct on our part was the ooRPing in system that issued. I tried to stop Jango from doing it, but he's a very heated person and gets angry easily. It's a hard thing to defuse that kind of situation. In the end, after your ship was destroyed, both us and the Harvesters just gave up on the whole thing and decided to leave the area.

EDIT: Ah, yes. Flo and his Consuls are all available through PMs to solve any sort of situation regarding the Mandalorians.
I would like to thank Harvester_17 for helping me out with the RPing thing after the battle though.

He really help cleared my character.

As for no shield batteries, why do you think i had no more shield batteries, coz i was using them while someone was attacking me. All 350 of them. Only when i used them all up, is when i hit cruise to try to "flee".

My explanation for the Bretonian GB with a Pirate ID is because i'm a British Privateer given licence by the Bretonian Military to disrupt Kusari's economy on the far side where the military couldnt reach. Since i do not get paid by the government, i usually exact tolls/warn them not to trade with Kusari to discourage traders trading with the Kusari scums. (Thanks to Harvester_17 for really helping me out here)

Fixed my tag already. Did some pretty ok RPing after that.

Thanks for clearing the whole mess up anywayz, i gotta admit during that time when someone was draining all my shield batteries away that i really didnt know who was attacking me, so i attacked my nearest target.

If anymore questions regarding this, feel free to PM me.

Rgds,
RaDiC