Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Salutations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello. Been playing freelancer since it's been out off an on. Discovery will probably be the last server I play on as it is the last populated server. I used to love clan wars and dogfighting but in my old age I've turned smuggler in hopes of retirement as opposed to cremation.

I pretty much just picked The Merovingian from the matrix as my role playing persona, if you haven't seen The Matrix Reloaded or The Matrix Revolutions here is his wiki entry... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merovingian_(The_Matrix)

So in the game I am currently Roleplaying Him as a smuggler of information also just as his persona implies. I of course also trade legit goods - the high end stuff, again, in the spirit of RP.

I have not made a role play thread as of yet as I just finished setting up the character, and havent decided how I will deal with the fact that he is a program and not a person, perhaps I will have him have found a shell before the matrix was destroyed, perhaps i will go the hologram route (like the Dr. from voyager) or perhaps I will have my luxury liner wired like the matrix.

When I roleplay I say z instead of th to imply his bad french accent, and once in a while I ad lib a french word. I am myself not french, please dont pm me in french. I realize the only language permitted in system chat is English, I will never go beyond the z for th and the occasional ad lib. If anyone has a problem wis zis... hehehe...

In other words I have been roleplaying on the server but not on the forums as it is VERY overwhelming at first, the transition from playing on any of the smaller mods compared to this I mean. Very fun tho, the roleplay is great. I love playing somewhere where its not "lets see how many times i can kill this guy undocking who doesen't wanna fight anyway...". I think we have all played on one of those servers...

Anyway, I am off to read more threads, learn more, play a bit maybe even...
welcome~
beware of the commie penguins!
enjoy the forum ^^~ ignore drama and have fun with good roleplay
Welcome!!
Velcome to ze Discovery!
Frog legs zis mint sauce? I prefer ze Cardee-meen infuzed znails.
Vatch out for ze communist peguinz!
Welcome to Discovery, my friend. As far as I know, and I asked a while back, broken English is fully permitted, according to Xoria. By this I mean the occasional ad lib or accent. It was said to increase immersion, so feel free to continue!

Make some friends, play nice, and have some fun. That's all we can ask.

Oh, and stay away from Synth Paste. We all know why (Looks in other Welcome Threads).....
Welcome to the server.

Enjoy the game by joining a faction and not buying a capital ship.
' Wrote:Welcome to the server.

Enjoy the game by joining a faction and not buying a capital ship.

Meh, I wont have either in my future, but thanks for the advice.

And thanks for the warm welcomes!
' Wrote:Meh, I wont have either in my future, but thanks for the advice.

And thanks for the warm welcomes!

Why not?
Welcome! Posting that link made me go through Wikipedia last night and read everything they had on The Matrix >.<
We could use a good RPed smuggler on the server, other than those people who get the ID just to keep pirates off their backs.

But, welcome to the madhouse, make sure you read the rules here.

If you find your account banned, please check here.

If you see someone breaking any rules, report them here.

If you want to see a faction list, please check the post here.

However, maybe you're one of the people that likes to lead instead of follow. If you wish to start a faction please post here. However, don't forget to get the 500 million credit tax first!

Got the Roleplay bug? check the Roleplay Hub located here

And finally, for all announcements for the 24/7 Discovery RPG Server, check here for new posts on new info for the server and mod!

That's all that should help you get started. Enjoy your stay, and watch out for those evil penguins!

~Leo
Pages: 1 2