Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admins: Clarification needed regarding cruise in combat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Quick question from a cap abuser.

What if, I fight 2 fighters. 1 of them goes 3+k away from me. Me being a capship. Can I cruise after him?

I personally say it, I was cruising after ppl if they got 5k away. But lemme ask a question: if thrusting away from a cap, going 11k is ok? As in, if the other comes back, no re-engaging, nothing? Because it's incredibly fishy to me. Won't give names, but I can provide screens to admins (if needed).

Either make it a proper rule, or dish it out all together. Probably a full revamp of the entire set of rules is necessary. Most of them are incomplete, and a few of them are obsolete.
You -don't- start a cruise -ever- until the fight is over.
Fight is over when enemies have fled or dead.

Simple enough?
Quote:Fight is over when enemies have fled or dead.

The question is when are the enemies considered fleeing? THAT'S where the hole in the rules is.
There's no hole. Enemies have fled once they are out of scanner range or engaged cruise engine themselves.
That means 14k (I think).
' Wrote:The question is when are the enemies considered fleeing? THAT'S where the hole in the rules is.

i asked that earlier and was told that its when they're out of sensor range...

15k seems a bit too far if you ask me, I would say 3k out of weapons range personnally, making it about 5k

But the rules don't state this... they say if they engage cruise engines or dock. But then they could be an infinite distance from you still in the system... if you docked on a planet, after they thrusted 15k from you, under the current rules, you've fled and must leave the system!

The rules must be incomplete on this, and out of sensor range is too far. Have a time limit and distance limit... for example if they go over 5k from you OR there have been no shots fired for 5 minutes you are no longer engaged in battle. therefore either ship is allowed to engage cruise engines.

At the moment the rule is abused by fighters who just hang around in systems where they should be forcefully ejected, but can't be caught.

This I think balances it without there being an oppurtunity for cap ships to abuse it. bombers can still have their room to fight only bombers and fighters, but the cap ships can catch them if they do thrust away but stay within sensor range.

And EITHER ship can initiate cruise after engagement is lost, therefore its not favouring the caps
There was a thread not so long ago folks. That is not the point at all.
For "what is considered fleeing?" find the old thread and spam it.

This is about engaging cruise while still in fight, then cutting cruise and engaging again.
And that's a no-no.
Quote:The question is when are the enemies considered fleeing? THAT'S where the hole in the rules is.

Exactly.

To me, and when im flying a capship or a fighter. A person has "fled" or "gotten away" when they are off my scanners or i decide that i wont be able to catch them even if i were to use cruise engines right at that moment. Which is usually between 5-10k. Engaging cruise disables weapons anyways so it already has its disadvantage for trying to use it in combat or to catch someone.

See them engage cruise during a fight, you get 10 seconds to blast them for free or 10 seconds to get away yourself/call for backup. Use it! Obviously if a cap (cruising or not) catches up to a fighter enough to attack it again, then the fighter wasnt trying very hard to "get away" now was it?

If they hit cruise/thrust away putting a "little" distance between, then they drop cruise or stop for taunts. Sorry all bets are off and i might continue to follow... If "fleeing" they better be on thier way out of the system or back to home base/turf and not taunting, otherwise they are still fair game in my opinion.
A modification to that rulle could be
"Fighters are allowed to cruise flee from a fight. Fighters are allowed to cruise pursue other fighters."
Capital ships are not allowed to engage cruise if they are in a PVP encounter, or to catch up the fleeing fighter."

By the way, 'kiting' a Cap IS a legitimate tactic. There may be a reason to
pull him away from the target area which he hasnt told you about. Yes its
usually to get solo around there, but still.

It's the Cap ships Captains responsibility to guard his area rather than
chase a fighter. If he gets distracted by that fighter then it's his problem.
If the fighters are thrusting away, there are other rules set in place in regards to fleeing and/or shield running.

Therefore, these rules will be broken if a fighter thrusts 10K away, then comes back.

A query i do have is this:

I was fighting some xeno fighters today, with some LN fighters. One xeno got destroyed and the other thrusted away (fighters chased and i lamely thrusted after him). Loads of other xenos came to join 14-16K away from my position. Now, can i cruise to catch up with the fight then, at that distance? Or do i have to thrust 16K there?

(Just for the record, i did just thrust all the way there as the 1 xeno i had engaged earlier was still alive and fighting 16K away)
DELETED
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10