Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Discovery community! I'm completely new to Freelancer MP, so I'm really excited about starting to play here. I've played freelancer since i was 12 years old(currently I'm 22) and it is one of my all time favourite computer games, so trying MP for the first time means a lot.

My real name is Gustavs. I come from Latvia(northern Europe). As i mentioned, i'm 22 years old. I study chemistry(currently working towards my bachelor's degree). Other hobbies besides gaming include singing(i sing in one of the best amateur choirs in the world), kickboxing, horseback riding and chess.

Been playing here for 2 days now. Feel kinda lost. I did read most of the rules and beginner guides. Been mining some helium so far to gather them credits up, but have no clue what amount should i strive for. Planning on joining a military faction(maybe rheinland as it would fit the background of my character i've thought up). Any tips and advice are welcome!
Hi there (wave)

Also, join any mining faction first. PvP(fighting) is not easy as it would have been in SP. Get to know the basics of each faction that you would have to meet on a daily basis. Your RP will grow along, so will your knowledge about these factions that you are a part of or the factions that you meet on a daily basis.

Check the factions thread. Many have their recruitment open and info about them. Gather enough credits to buy a transport. Roam around the forums. Join the faction that would suit your style of play, but mostly it would have to be you, adjusting to the requirements.

Also, you can take up any number of characters you want, build their own story and play with them in game. Dont think that you can have only one character. You can play a pirate character and at the very next instant, you can join hands with the mililtary. You will eventually get t know all of that soon enough.Enjoy your stay here Big Grin
Hey man Welcome!
Well you read thats most important..Now just forum lance and see all extra detail within disco.Amount to strive for?Well there is no set amount but you can only really start doing something from 100+ mills so thats a checkpoint.

Military factions is a good start.They can show you and learn you best wep load outs and some minor tricks to pvp.
As you said you want to join RM for RP purpose is good.But also take a look at the others.

Anyway Enjoy and cya in space!

Edit:Ninjad for first reply :3
I followed your advice and took a peak into some of the faction boards. Was looking at IMG, but there are so many things that you need to remember. Dunno where to start if i want to join this faction.
Poke leader of IMG via PM. Look at other factions too, maybe a trading faction, apart from a mining one. Two factions at the same time, increases your interest and zone of exploration.