Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mining Guide?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can't find the mining guide with google or forum search, someone help me find it.

Or just tell me what ships DSE can use to go mining with, besides the Hegemon.
Yeah the guide doesn't list mining ships, buuuut I think I know what ones I can use.

Thanks though.
you can look it all up in:
...\Discovery Freelancer 4.87.0\EXE\flhook_plugins\minecontrol.cfg

Ships, what bonuses you get etc
Wrong thread. Please, delete.
(05-08-2015, 10:41 PM)Jonathan_Archer_nx01 Wrote: [ -> ]Could someone please explain mining to me?
So I'm in Golem. I have ALG ID, IFF + heavy mining arrays and I'm mining scrap metal, yet I'm only getting 2 items per hit? It's going to take years to fill myself up. However, when I worked with others, they could fill me up in a minute. how is that even possible? How do they do it?

Golem isn't vessel designed for mining. You should try other vessels for that, like Arrasta.
Edit:I just got ninjad.
I'm quite certain that the Golem is ( or at least was for it's longest time being ) a mining vessel. The droprate is also based on the field, that you're just trying to mine off, some will drop more while others drop less. You can look the droprates up in the game files. Also you'll probably want to go into cockpit view, simply to have a better sight onto all the little rocks, that are flying in front of your green huge *** ship.

Mining in arrasta is a pain, unless you have a friend or *coughs* some magical invisible friend flying 5k transports, that you can fill up and magically and take control over later, after the mining is done. Arrasta at all - has no cargo space (o_o), what u wanna fill into that sushi box? 20 minerals? And then fly through half-sirius with them, man I hope for you that a pirate does not catch you with all this whole lot of worthy cargo. WP