Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Remove Liberty from the Outcast Zone of Influence.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Seen the Outcast capitals in Liberty recently? Of course you have.
Rogue factions, Outcast factions and the rest of the community regard this as outright silly.
What's the point player a Rogue, Lane Hackers or even a Xenos if I can just be an Outcast in a shiny battleship and go to Liberty for the sake of shooting Liberty lawfuls every few minutes? Outcast capitals in Liberty encourage more Lawful shooting and less actual piracy.

In my opnion, Outcasts should not be in Liberty at all beyond Cardamine smuggling. InRP, it's why they have interest in Liberty because of the trade they've established with the unlawful factions of Liberty. Why would the Liberty unlawfuls permit Outcasts to pirate in their territory? It's no different to Independent Pirates doing the same.

And being able to go to the most populated house in the mod just makes Outcasts seem far more viable than Corsairs. What's the point in playing a corsair if I can just be an Outcast and go to Liberty with my capital ship?

The Outcast ZoI has always been somewhat overpowered and is in need of a nerf.
Where's the poll?! Angry

Edit: Oh, here it is!

As a Lane Hacker, I see OC Capital Ship in Liberty as a retarded thing.

As a Bounty Hunter, I really like getting fat paycheck.

As a trader, I don't find them any trouble.

So all in all, while it does not affect me much, I do believe OC Capital Ships in Liberty are a bad thing. They RP poorly, they break rules, they raise grudges etc.
OCs in lore roam Liberty. Even if not completely free. Also, OC ZoI got a huge nerf due to RP occurances - mainly the OC-Bretonia alliance, that made the house inaccessible for them, or at least for their primary activities it has.

Removing the OC ability to be in Liberty and act while in there is literally spitting in the face of their RP and Liberty's too. Both character-involved and lore stand point.

Capital ships, however, is a complete different thing. Giving them a limited ZoI might be quite a good idea.

EDIT: Also, I think you need to differ OCs from "independent pirates" OCs are a huge militia nation with military, logistic and social capabilities that surpass Liberty's native faction by a whole lot. Limiting OC access to Liberty core systems to transports and snubs might give locals the edge they need, for ooRP reason.
I agree with Pancakes.. just limit the cap movement cos it's not inRP thing for OC caps to be present there.
Leave it as is I say, all them lib caps that sit there and do nothing now have something to do.
(03-19-2014, 06:51 PM).Gypsy. Wrote: [ -> ]Leave it as is I say, all them lib caps that sit there and do nothing now have something to do.

This
(03-19-2014, 06:51 PM).Gypsy. Wrote: [ -> ]Leave it as is I say, all them lib caps that sit there and do nothing now have something to do.

/thread
For those of you who believe that Outcast caps are giving Liberty caps something to do, I ask you a question:
Why can't these be Rogue ID'd or Lane Hacker ID'd capitals instead? They have access to destroyers, Liberty should be more populated with natives.
Its always been stupid and out of place to see Outcast captials floating around NY, normally it wasen't in any meaningful numbers (Maybe 1 or 2 lolwuts thinking thier awsome) and just got pound into the dirt. It does seem however, that this is getting even more out of place, and from what I've seen from chats thier just as lolwut "let go kill navy lol" that the individuals before them. Bubba Smith's comment is a perfect case in point.

I agree that something should be done about it, preferably only limiting caps out as not to screw over the outcasts smuggleing.
So how exactly would, iRP, Rogues construct a fleet of battleships?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19