Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Radiation-resistant ships
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just had this thought - is radiation a blockable script, ie could it be ignored by specific ships, or would it have to be a blanket script, affecting all ships? If it's targetable, would radiation-resistant exploration vessels be a viable idea? Heavily-armored, lightly armed and slow-turning RP vessels are the type I had in mind. Would come in handy for scientist RP.

They'd have to be properly balanced, of course, but if it's impossible in the first place, that'd be a pointless discussion.

Does anyone know? Just being curious, the thought popped into my head randomly.
Radiation affects all ships equally. It's a zone in the system file - ie. when any ship enters that particular region, it's hit by the radiation. To my knowledge, there is no way to exclude a particular ship from radiation damage using the tools in the game engine.
Right, that answers my question. Thank you, Echo.

The thread can now be locked.
(03-22-2014, 01:58 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: [ -> ]Radiation affects all ships equally. It's a zone in the system file - ie. when any ship enters that particular region, it's hit by the radiation. To my knowledge, there is no way to exclude a particular ship from radiation damage using the tools in the game engine.

But Max...

I still remember my AU8 Eagle's hull going down in ~20 secs in O-11 near mining Heges in .86 while Odin, Wraith or Scraper seemed to be resistant to radiation.

No kidding.

Refraining from locking thread for now.