Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Homeworld total conversion mod?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are there any homeworld total conversions?

ones that contain all the homeworld ships with proper hardpoints like they are in the game?

There was a project a while back that was doing a HW2... but got abandoned or placed on hold... I dont remember what it was.
you are one of the only other person on the planet besides me and my brother that have ever even thought of such an obvious and great investment for a mod

the universe is absolutly massive, the ship range and class is every extensive, the storys are all dark and mysterious. the amount of concept art is simply amazing, there are loads of mods for homeworld 2 out already, using those ships too would be a great idea.

but sadly, NOBODY has tried to take up this task.
Epic dig?

For a second I was about to welcome back Weylin.

(Either way, I read the title really badly, namely "home" and "conversion".)
I think it's a fantastic idea, however, it might be too much work for a game that has a constantly dwindling player base and a limited rendering engine.
epic dig? wot?

anyway, this should be done, because it would quite simply be badass

Taiidan, Kushan, the many Kiith Clans, Keepers, Progenitors, Bentusi, Kadeshi, The Beast, Hiigaran, Vaygr, Turanic Raider (hundreds more factions would exist in reality)

Oh I'd love this...if it would ever happen :c

I'm a total homeworld geek :D
I always have trouble picking a favorite faction

But for the Kiith...Kiith Manaan was always my favorite, and they kicked much arse in Cataclysm
except when their destroyer the Bushan-Re was crippled....then their carrier, the Caal-Shto was crippled.... then infested...then probably blown up

other than that, they rocked

the Imperial Taiidan were classic though, loved those guys