Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ageira Headquarters to Ageira Innovations branch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: AT.png]

Good morning.

We have noticed that your particular branch has grown more independent recently. While we encourage smaller branches to grow and thrive on their own, we do like to know what they are doing, for several reasons. Firstly, for the larger branches to offer aid to their ventures of need be. And most importantly, to avoid any conflicts that may result from actions that are unknown to the rest of the company.

We would like to ensure a proper relationship between your branch and the bulk of the company for a healthier, and more prosperous future.

Failure to respond may result in a reprimanding from ranking employees. We recommend you answer swiftly.
[Image: snrhwYX.png]

To: Chief Executive Officer Michael Edridge

Dear Mr Edridge,

My name is Sebastian, Sebastian Hart. May I call you Michael? It's after all our corporate regulation to call all co-workers by their first name. It certainly helps as a team building factor. I am glad you contacted me. I am terribly sorry, I did not initiate this conversation myself. You have to forgive me as I was extremely occupied with numerous projects, Michael. I am sure you understand it. Now listen to me, Michael. I really like you and I certainly appreciate your informal style of doing things. I sincerely want us to be good friends. So I will treat you like a good old friend and give you a friendly advice.

Living in a world of fantasy is very unprofessional, Michael. As your friend I am obliged to make you see the light. Nearly one and half year ago, when President Thaddeus Gideon resigned, shortly after Ageira suffered significant losses I must add, our share-holders decided that it would be the best course of action to introduce a new company model with multiple competing and relatively independent divisions, at least until one of them proves to be successful enough to take control over the others. Despite a catchy name, a great PR move I must congratulate you wholeheartedly, your division has the same status as Ageira Innovations. You have exactly the same legal right to interfere into our internal affairs as we into yours. None. Furthermore, as we obviously have access to corporate quarterly reports on generated revenue and employment levels, we do know that by no means we are the smaller branch here. Finally, it is needless to say how unprofessional issuing empty threats is. If you are trying to start a partnership by threatening the other party, you are certainly doing it wrong.

That being said, I completely understand that you could treat sudden emergence of Ageira Innovations as a threat to your position or your personal ambitions and acted under strong emotions. However, as a result instead of a friendly informal meeting with a bottle of finest Bretonian whisky, the atmosphere of this conversation has been unnecessarily polluted. You have now two options, Michael. You can keep living in your fantasy world, refute our "insolence" and waste a great deal of your energy on trying to undermine our efforts, which will only cause additional loses to Ageira Technologies as a whole, and as such will certainly be looked down on by the shareholders, or you can suck it up like a man, admit that you went a bit over the line and we can talk business.

Decision is yours, Mr Edridge.

Yours faithfully,
Sebastian Hart,
Director of R&D Department,
Ageira Innovations
[Image: fZqZyxc.png]

Good afternoon, mister Hart.

I see you are well on your way to a fine and bright future with Ageira. Truly, I should be proud that your immediate assumption is the undermining of your branch, instead of an actual suggestion that we should work together to further Ageiras interests. It shows quite a lot about you.

There is no fantasy. I became the CEO with the blessings of mister Gideon himself. In fact, I dare say that I have the benefit of still having him working with the primary branch of Ageira. You do not.

Now we can both sit here and bicker like two old women, or we can get along and kindly work together.

Or you can actually put the theory of my 'empty threats' to the test.

I hope to speak to you soon, and on friendlier terms.

Michael Edridge
CEO of Ageira Technologies

A dispute between divisions is a matter for Internal Affairs, so I will take over from here.

What I believe he meant to propose is that Ageira Innovations and the core branch of Ageira Technologies act as one entity under one banner.

Edridge's division is focused almost entirely on shipping and security. Ageira Innovations' focus is on research and development. With this merger, little would change. Each branch would cooperate (as is expected for different branches of one corporation) Ageira Innovations would retain its focus on running our R&D operations, and having all employees flying the same IFF subcode has many benefits I don't think I need to elaborate on.

There was a convoy involving both divisions earlier, all involved parties were quite cooperative. All that remains is getting the executives of each branch on the same page.

Randall Fairfax
Director, Ageira Technologies Internal Affairs

To: Director of Internal Affairs Randall Fairfax

Dear Mr Fairfax,

It was a great pleasure for me to receive your message. A proposal of a merge between our branches is indeed a very interesting idea. It is something we will certainly consider in future, however, at this moment it is too early to discuss such a step. You must understand that Ageira Innovations is still in a very early stage of forming. The very essence of Ageira Innovations and its primary reason for existence is to try out completely new approach to running an R&D company. In other words something we need to test out first.

As for Mr Edridge, he certainly knows how to make an impression.

Sebastian laughs friendlily.

I would like to make several things completely clear to avoid any further misunderstandings. Ageira Innovations is not a threat to you as we are not a competition. Our goals and methods are fully convergent with the original Ageira Technologies mission statement. We are totally interested in a partnership on equal terms, which does not even require any kind of formalization, as yesterday's joint convoy shown. Finally, we will be happy to discuss with you any current affairs, should such a need arise. However, any decisions concerning Ageira Innovations are and will be taken only by its executive board, at least until general meeting of shareholders of Ageira Technologies decides otherwise.

However, in order to better coordinate our efforts and to ensure higher transparency of our operations, I propose consolidation of our authorization protocols and clearance levels. Mutual access to corporate databases and communication logs, obviously based on corporate clearance level system, will allow better flow of information and hopefully prevent a situation when actions of one branch collide with actions of another. Please advise on possibility of introduction of such a solution.

Yours faithfully,
Sebastian Hart,
Ageira Innovations

Yes, that would be acceptable. Naturally, both divisions will have a few sealed files as a matter of keeping sensitive information out of the public eye, but proper configuration of security levels should minimize that.

Randall Fairfax
Director, Ageira Technologies Internal Affairs

To: Chief Executive Officer Michael Edridge

Dear Mr Edridge,

Last analytics report from Pueblo's Central Flight Log Database caused a lot of concern for us. It appears that none of your ships have launched into space during last 20 days and in April you reduced your flights to a bare minimum. We would like to know what happened and how can we help you in these troubling times. Maybe, as Mr Randall Fairfax proposed some time ago, a merger between our branches could help to solve your problems, or if it is too late for this solution, maybe we could buy out some of your assets in order to help you get through this hard time?

Yours faithfully,
Sebastian Hart,
Ageira Innovations