Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ship Modeling Request: Brigand/Corse Shipline VHF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(03-09-2014, 07:50 AM)GrnRaptor Wrote: [ -> ]==============
Cuirassier Noir/Class 8 Guns
==============

The Unione Corse has both Class 7 and Class 8 faction guns, but our Heavy Fighter can only mount Class 7 guns now. We had Class 8 guns on this fighter previously. We have to use Gallic Civ ships to mount our faction heavy hitting weapons currently. We'd like to be able to use all of our faction guns on our faction ships, so please correct this.

Get someone to model you a VHF then you can use your faction guns on your faction ships. HFs can no longer use class 8 guns. ~ ae

In addition to being partially in response to that, most members of the Unione Corse [UC] have been asking about getting ourselves a VHF model for a while now. So we came up with a rough idea on what could be done. Please keep in mind that these are merely suggestions which may not turn out as well as expected.

- Take the Cuirassier, and put Mistral engines on the back of the HF body's cockpit where those tiny tail fins are.

- If they fit and look right, some extra fins would be fine. Not too many though, and not too large

- Also, since it's supposed to be a VHF, it should get scaled up a small bit

- The most important thing to remember, is that the VHF must fit with the rest of the shipline! So it ought to be sleek, not fat, have no pipes, have no awkward bulges ... overall, it should be very airplane-looking

Two skins will have to be given to the final model. Tan and brown for the Brigands version, plus dark grey and black for the Noir.

A name has not yet been decided on. Suggestions are welcome, however.

Thanks to all who provide constructive feedback on this, as well as any modelers who make an attempt at this
I am more than willing to contribute to this goal, and even pay up some 300m myself to whoever models a good UC/Brigand VHF, regardless of w/e UC might offer.
I'm ready to invest 1 B into that.
Thank you, Pavel and Pancakes, we appreciate the money that you've offered. At this point, the Corse will offer 250 million, though that is likely to increase. Additionally, the modeler and any significant monetary contributor will receive a permanent 50% discount at my banner shop, to which there is a link below

Our thanks again to those who have supported this and thanks ahead of time to any who model or contribute
Something like this?
https://p3d.in/UsPLk
Quote:Something like this?
https://p3d.in/UsPLk
Thats beautiful.
(03-29-2014, 09:08 PM)Luis Wrote: [ -> ]https://p3d.in/UsPLk
Splendid model.
Luis, that's literally what I thought about. If UC wants it in, tell me where to send them credits to. (And in the texturing job, try to keep that small banner UC ships have, or put a new one in the same mindset, since IMO that what makes them so special)
Sure. Just got out of bed and I need to get some breakfast. Then I'll take a look on the texturing phase.
Luis, that model is indeed very awesome. Please add me on Skype (rohj_teerin) though, so that I can discuss with you some minor changes. I spoke with my HC and a modeler friend, and there's just a few we thought of. Also, for texturing, do you think you could make a Courier Noir?

We have come up with three name suggestions for this VHF. The names of the rest of the shipline vary greatly, so we tried to find ones that fit the best
  • Lance (English - Lance): Fits with Cuirassier. Might be too similar to a certain Outcast faction though
  • Alize (English - Tradewind): Fits with Mistral. There was also a jet with this name
  • Cataphracte (English - Cataphract): A heavily mailed cavalryman, which also fits with Cuirassier.
Feedback on those suggestions, as well as ideas for other names, would be much appreciated

For this fighter, we're thinking about writing a bit of roleplay for its creation in the Stories and Biographies forum. Its premise will be the Corse needing a proper VHF of its own to combat the Outcasts' new Rapier and to further prepare against possible hostilities with the Gallic Junkers. UC will of course then sell the blueprints to the Brigands so that they will have their version of it

This will provide something for us to put on the infocard other than "poof, we now have a new fighter". Also, if this ship is created first by the Unione Corse, it would be interesting if it didn't have Noir at the end and instead the Brigands had Brun (or whatever tan/brown translates into best). Comments on this, too, are welcome
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6