Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bomber guns reworked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What would you guys think about bomber guns that would be long range, high damage, slow refire and shoot like hellfires in a straight line. Essentialy making bombers an artilery piece. With that distinctive thumping sound.

Make them a replacement and removing SNACs in the process.

/leave
It would be nice to see if bomber guns could be reworked, or have another type added like this one... I mean I dunno how it would work just yet. Currently the bomber guns are just designed to make sure that they are crap against fighters so I am sure people will have to figure out some way of balancing long range guns... also I am not talking about snacs...

also you might be hijacking your own thread by throwing in the remove snacs idea, just saying.
Yes.
Having to choose between yellow balls and bright-yellow balls of frozen urine (sorry, my intuitive association that I cannot forget) is just bad.

I like the "long range artillery" gun idea.
I would also like to get missiles for bombers. Not the fighter missiles, of course. But some sort of missiles. It feels much more "bomber-ish" to fire material things instead of only Snac.
I'd also like to have long-range bomber guns. High damage, high range, slow refire, cruisers and battleships definitely hittable.
Also, if we're at it, more artillery guns in general please. I love artillery in just about all games.[/align]
I'd like if we moved bombers to GB size and handling and lowering the Nova Torp refire and energy consumption, but limiting ammo to 30.

Primary guns are something close to GB razors and pulses.

Or just merge GBs with Bombers.
I'd for all for it if you give anther viable way to destroy gunboats, rather than with a vulture-attack with SNACs.

Jack should know.

EDIT: Also, Hellfires are terrible. You suggest to use a weapon that isn't a viable option. There's a reason why everyone go for either yellow balls of piss, or as Jack put it frozen urine balls
At one time I had proposed replacing the bomber weapon data with gunboat weapon data. Longer range, increased drain, etc. People freak out but the numbers are there.
Quote:Hellfires
Are for stealing bluemsgs
If you're hell-bent on removing SNACs, then Novas should have their damaged slightly buffed, especially if you plan to reduce the ammo capacity as well.
I've always thought that the SNAC is kind of the symbolic representation of Discovery, myself.

Taking that away would be boring.
Pages: 1 2