Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Which faction?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So my wealth is ever incresing to the point where I must choose a faction (closing on lvl 30).

I am mostly interested in trading, mining, maybe a bit of pirate hunting.

Can anyone suggest a faction suitable for these interests?
Well if you change "Pirate hunting" to "pirating", you could be a junker =P
' Wrote:Well if you change "Pirate hunting" to "pirating", you could be a junker =P

Well, I am new to playing freelancer online, otherwise pirating could be fun.
Probably when I am more expeienced knowing my way around the place.
sounds like IMG or GMG for you then. - they are legitimate traders - do a fair bit of mining, and deal with pirates rather bluntly ( e.g. they kill them )

while the GMG is a centralized organized cooperation, the IMG allows much more individualism.
' Wrote:sounds like IMG or GMG for you then. - they are legitimate traders - do a fair bit of mining, and deal with pirates rather bluntly ( e.g. they kill them )

while the GMG is a centralized organized cooperation, the IMG allows much more individualism.

That sounds more like it for me, How do I apply for membership to IMG?
Well, im not really sure there is an IMG faction. The colonial remnant use the IMG ID/Tag, but are a bit of an oddball group...

You can remain 'independent' if you want. You arent forced to join a player-faction at level 40, all you have to do is get a proper ID card in-game.

If you want to join the IMG, you just need to find an IMG base and do missions for them until your reputation is high enough to purchase the IMG ID from that base.
i think the IMG has no official playerfaction that claims to be "THE" IMG - so you can prolly either be a non factionized player - or you enlist with the =CR= ... but they are not really IMG, but only use the IMG tag for their BSG faction.

the GMG has a playerfaction now, but i m not up to date if its official or not.
OK, a non-factionalised status is fine for me.
Umm, what IS the IMG? what does the name stand for?
Where are they based or have representation?

Can I change factions if I want to later? Say to the GMG if it is active?
IMG = independent miner's guild

GMG = gas miner's guild
Or join Bretonia Mining And manufacturing. It is Mining And Trading faction. you can find recruiting Post On my Signature.
Pages: 1 2 3 4