Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freelancer ID and Gallia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was playing a Gallic character earlier (surprise, I have those), and the issue of Freelancer ID occurred to me.

Gallic Freelancers have problems if they try to not use Sirian tech - which is a perfectly logical way to play the character that IMO shouldn't be penalized, given the house's historic isolationism and the fact that not one of their NPCs uses any of it.

While I see (and disagree with) the logic in the technerf on other house civilian technology, I firmly believe Gallic Civilian tech should be at a full 100% for generic IDs. Note that none of the Gallic ships can use Sirian guns, and no Sirian ships can use Gallic guns (except the Junker and generic ships), so this in no way affords an "advantage" through mixing weaponry.

I also would like to see the l'Ane added to the Freelancer ID's allowances. It's the closest thing Gallia has to the Pirate Train (setting aside for the moment the fact that it's legal there), it's in the Gallic Generic Unlawful category, and it'd be the only thing over 3k cargo in Gallia that they can use.

In fact, given that its use has the same kinds of legal issues that the Pirate Train does, I wouldn't even entirely object to adding the Gallic Train (4250) to the ID - it's illegal in Liberty and Bretonia, much like the PTrain. Of course, if you're trying to avoid traditional "lawful" ships being that widely available... I won't say I understand, but I see the pattern at least.

tl;dr:
Gallic Freelancers should be able to fully utilize Gallic tech
Give them 100% to Gallic Civ, Gallic Unlawful
Allow l'Ane and possibly Gallic Train.
Also applies to Miner ID and Pirate ID, with relevant adjustments.

I hope this doesn't go as badly as the last suggestion/request topic I posted...
Trains - I vote no. l'Ane's market is dominate by the Corse and Brigands, they won't let freelancers to have their smuggling ship. If one would want to fly it, he should join one of the organizations.

However the Gallic civvy ships and weapons I vote for. It's just so silly the way it is at the moment.
(03-31-2014, 07:17 AM)Pancakes Wrote: [ -> ]Trains - I vote no. l'Ane's market is dominate by the Corse and Brigands

The Corse are offering to sell the thing to some other groups, I don't see a reason for the server rules to forbid it even being a possibility for freelancers.

Especially considering there's already rules in place permitting the shooting of people using your tech without permission.

Edit: In response to Hone's link, I only saw one comment that I felt had a point regarding my specific objection. It happens to be wrong.

(09-11-2012, 01:08 PM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: [ -> ]It's not really civilian, though; it's Gallic Corporate. It's not hard to imagine that the Crown is quite strict on ownership of private vessels and so the existence of Freelancers (in the manner in which they are portrayed in Sirius) does not occur as much in Gallia.

There's already infocards in place in Gallia establishing the presence of freelancers, and not exactly doing things the corporations are entirely pleased with - a GMS mining base reported several problems with freelancers. They can't be that tightly regulated.

(though I do feel all the civilian nerfs should be removed... or for that matter the entire technerf system. but that's not really the topic.)
(03-31-2014, 07:24 AM)Thexare Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: In response to Hone's link, I only saw one comment that I felt had a point regarding my specific objection. It happens to be wrong.

(03-31-2014, 06:48 AM)Thexare Wrote: [ -> ]Gallic Freelancers have problems if they try to not use Sirian tech - which is a perfectly logical way to play the character that IMO shouldn't be penalized, given the house's historic isolationism and the fact that not one of their NPCs uses any of it.

(09-11-2012, 01:30 AM)Hone Wrote: [ -> ]Atm Gallic Freelancers have to use SIRIAN civ tech if they want to work without a nerf, which is RIDICULOUS! (And probably illegal.)
For mercing, you have UC. That's literally part of their lore. Being mercs.

They see me rollin' they hatin'
(03-31-2014, 10:17 AM)Hone Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:quotes
Oh, no, I got that you were agreeing, I just figured I'd address the other posts.

EDIT: It has also come to my attention that Gallic Junkers have a specific allowance for the l'Ane, and the Corse most certainly do not like them at all.