Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery 4.76 Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Download link

http://discoverygc.com/files/Discovery.zip.flmod

Overview

Discovery is an attempt to make a mod that will not spoil the Freelancer universe with unneeded or illogical changes, but rather retain the atmosphere and balance of original game and add several nice features to make gameplay more interesting - capital ship encounters, enhanced NPC AI, new ships, new commodities, rebalanced ship prices and more.

Version 4.76 includes pilotable versions of all original Freelancer ships, as well as new commodities and equipment. See complete feature list below.

Install Notes

To install Discovery mod, use Freelancer Mod Manager v1.31. If you already have an earlier version of Discovery installed (4.73 or higher) and don't want to use FLMM, you may simply overwrite files in Freelancer game folder. Just rename Discovery.zip.flmod into Discovery.zip, unzip archive contents to your game folder and overwrite files. IONCROSS folder is needed only for server operators, so you needn't copy that one to game folder (but - no harm if you do).

While reinstalling Freelancer, using FLMM to install Discovery is essential.

Reinstalling Freelancer while updating Discovery is not necessary. However if you encountered some problems or just want to make sure that everything is correct, better spend 5 minutes and reinstall the game.

New in Discovery 4.76:

- New pilotable ship:
Blood Dragon
- New commodities: VIP's and prisoners. Both are special commodities with high buy prices and even higher selling prices - for players who enjoy challenging trade routes and high profits.
- NPC ships now eject pilots when destroyed. Captured pilots can be sold at bases.
- NPCs will scan your ship for pilots, so watch out.
- Only battleships, cruisers, gunboats, miner and liners are able to equip Battleship and Cruiser shields. Transports can equip their own shield types and Gunboat shield.
- Defense stats for all transport and capital ship shields increased
- Power output of capital ships increased up to 400.000 - 2.000.000
- Capital ships weapons - including missile launchers - now consume energy
- Capital ships' flak cannons and forward guns are less poweful
- Battleship impulse speed is 90
- Power of all codename weapons increased
- Nomad weapons now use energy (very small amount)
- NPC shields level 4 and above regenerate
- All mission rewards are higher
- Correct and complete infocards for all new ships, equipment and commodities
- Yanagi Depot trade route made less lucrative
- Gammu and Primus are now Zoner bases
- Fixed docking to large stations and many other bugs
Access to C:\Program Files\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Discovery\DATA\missions\ENCOUNTERS\capitalships_Bretonia.ini was denied

when i tried to install this that kept comin up.
It works very well on a clean install of freelancer, and even a clean install of FLMM.

nvm sry it still worked even though it said that.

When i buy the Battleship Osiris and try to dock off of battleship missouri it keeps saying im cheating then kicks me but it doesnt say im cheating till i undock of that base. '~'
I've disabled most cheating detection features in IFSO, so this ship-related cheating detection is hardcoded into the server, unfortunately. Besides I've got hashcodes for every ship, including Osiris.

As for capitalships_Bretonia.ini, I've checked, it's OK. Maybe try to re-download the file?
News about Discovery 4.76 was just published at Lancersreactor.

http://www.lancersreactor.com

You may leave comments there if you wish. By the way all versions of Discovery were downloaded from Lancers more than 2300 times. Not bad. And this doesn't count how many times it was downloaded from discoverygc.com.

Unfortunately Denier-of-Soup is no longer here, so I had to change the 4.75 Discovery logo into a logo without a number (haven't got Photoshop file for logo, only Denier has it, so I cannot edit text). If anyone can contact Denier, please do, I haven't seen him online in MSN for quite a while now.
Vicious might have photoshop.

And, can you have guns in your bay on the new version or do you have to sell surplus' after buying your new battleship? That might be my problem, becuase i have old osiris guns sitting in the bay after i buy my new osiris.
If you buy a new battleship, old turrets remain in the cargo bay as unmounted equipment. They usually take up quite a lot of cargo space so I guess you'd want to sell them to other players or transfer them to ship dealer/sell them at equipment dealer.

I can get Photoshop, but cannot get logo file for Photoshop. Denier gave me the logo in JPG format only.
Well im stumped. I guess i just wont get osiris maybe ill try another account to get it.
Quote:Well im stumped. I guess i just wont get osiris maybe ill try another account to get it.
I don't quite understand what's your problem. Can you explain in more detail?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6