Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: MK 1 , MK 2, MK 3 Ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Another idea, since the server is down I guess we can collect the ideas we have on our mind XD

I've been discussing this with a friend of mine and he was eager to see me posting it on the forums, so here I go. There are Armor Upgrades, yes but we could make this a way more enjoyful and make the PoB's more useful.

First Idea:

MK 1, MK 2, MK 3 Turrets (Max upgrading would be MK 3) imagine like using power cells and the needed materials to upgrade your turrets, it wouldn't realy make it too OP as it'd make just small changes, as example: Maybe MK 2 makes the speed a lil faster maybe 50 ms more (not that much or it'd be OP) and MK 3 would add a lil more hull dmg maybe from 17k (BS Turrets) to 18k dmg. What it possibly changes is that the guns shine a lil brighter, FL has blooming effect so it'd be possible. Liberty Battleship Turret MK 3 as example. Let people experiment on their guns maybe in adding Nomad cells giving it a Hybrid option but it should be realy hard to acquire. I've seen the Wilde Hybrid guns, so basicly if you'd add nomad remains or power cell it'd give that effect which you see on the Wilde Hybrid guns, so if it is a Hessian Gun it'd shoot Red Nomad Blasters as example, which would give another oppurtunity maybe adding more dmg but slowing the refire rate and increasing the energy usage. The more the dmg increases the more energy it uses maybe, keep it balanced. But this could be only built on PoB's you know, give people a little chance to experiment inside their PoB's a little Tongue so maybe for an upgrade of your turret you need other power sources and more material like iridium or stuff. This also goes for Heavy guns. Imagine like Heavy Mortar MK 3 = would be the 4.85 Mortar with the same [explosion effect] that'd be the MK 3 mortar : D would it make an overpowered dmg? No, it'd add just a little more 520k = 525k. Also it doesn't have to be dmg, I'm also talking about reduced energy usage, maybe with upgrading the turrets it'd use lesser energy, or more if it has more dmg of course. So the MK 3 Mortar would use more energy than MK 1 of course. For now MK 3 should be the limit, we don't want that we could upgrade it unending, would be stupid, MK 3 is a fine limit.

Second idea:

Shield upgrades, since there are Armor upgrades I'm sure there could be added some shield upgrades (also here mk1, mk2 and mk3). But they should take a certain amount of cargo so players would have to choose between CAU 8 or shield upgrade. Same here would be that it'd be built in a PoB, maybe needs some Robotic Hardware and Power Cells.

Third idea:

CODE Capital Ship turrets Big Grin We've seen now many Battleship wrecks in different systems, so I wonder maybe to add not that much maybe 4 - 5 CODE Capital Ship Turrets (at least Cruisers maybe) with different effects.

Fourth idea:

MK 1, MK 2, MK 3 Cargo Pods? Big Grin Hah! Cargo Pods to give the Ship a lil more space maybe 200 - 300 more, MK 1 = 100, MK 2 = 200, MK 3 = 300 this also would be built on PoB's which needs special amount of commodities. It would depend on how many Cargo pods a Ship can carry, maybe max. 2 Cargo Pods on Cap Ships or maybe even just 1 Cargo Pod.

Summarized:

You know with all of this we could use various Commodities for these different stuff that we could build on our PoB's. I think it would make Discovery more interesting and people would realy like the idea

Shoot your ideas if you have more! Thanks (bow)
I love the third idea. Always had thought about the wrecked battleships at S-13. Wondered why there wasn't any CODE named Battleship Turret.

That would have been cool. Big Grin
I like 3rd and 4th ideas a lot.

For 2nd idea, there's a commodity called Energy Field Dissipators or some such that would probably make inRP sense (more so than Robotics, imo) to use in building a Shield Upgrade. Or maybe Lasers, too.
Yeah, 4th idea is cool too ... Won't be causing much hindrance in gameplay.. will it ?? Wink
Pfffff why upgrade turrets ???? JUST AUTOMATE THEM !
(04-07-2014, 03:52 PM)Troyan12345 Wrote: [ -> ]Pfffff why upgrade turrets ???? JUST AUTOMATE THEM !

Aimbot, Hax = Bann Bann everything 8||| How about no?
First idea- to much text, haven't read, soru.

Second- Sounds interesting. But, might be, it could be Sheild Upgrade type A, B or C.
A- increasing recharge/restore speed.
B- increased resistance to pulse and long range artilery weapon.
C- increased resistance to clouse combat hull blasters like Prims, Razors and Cerbs.
IMO, it's just obviouse, that players will grid money as hell to purchase best possible grade of improvement, like we have with CAUs.

Third- Why not, some experimental primaries or secondaries turrets, with improved stats.
Quite honestly I figured it would be more fun to try and wrangle it so there was a special ship that only PoBs built. It seems logical - cores 1-4 can build stuff maybe a core 5 adds a ship factory, i.e. the ship purchase thingy only shows up in a core 5 and allows you to buy a fighter bomber type thing.

This of course is just an idea and should be called stupid if needs be.
Now that sounds interesting. A Core 5 can temporarily be called a shipyard even if it will be able to produce fighters & bombers, not sure if its at all feasible ...
Nowadays, I'm learning how to make custom effects, so maybe I can give a shot to actually make an example BS codename gun (I know how to make custom guns, but I'll have problems with making effects)

Actually, there is a codename weapon called Solaris, and capital secondaries such as "solaris gatling" and etc. How about a remake?
The actual fighter codenames, but in bigger numbers? Big Grin

* note to myself, never try again writing from a phone while travelling
Pages: 1 2