Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Vanilla Fighters MK 2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Now I've seen the Bastet MK 2 and the new Chimaera, remaking the old Freelancer models looks just so BADASS!!! I'd like to see an Eagle MK 2! realy with the same graphics as Bastet and maybe a Sabre MK 2 and Titan MK 2 version like the Bastet.

This would give such a nice feeling, we don't have to change every single fighter there just the Vanilla Freelancer Ships which already grow into our hearts but now more badass textures and awesome looking.

So Basicly the popular vanilla Fighters were:

Quote:
Eagle

[Image: 220px-Cv_vheavy_fighter.png]

Sabre

[Image: 220px-Bw_vheavy_fighter.png]

Titan

[Image: 220px-Pi_vheavy_fighter.png]

Manta (former Hammerhead)

[Image: 220px-Bh_vheavy_fighter.png]

Guardian

[Image: 220px-Li_elite.png]

Wraith (former Valkyrie)

[Image: 220px-Rh_elite.png]

Templar (former Crusader)

[Image: 220px-Br_elite.png]

These fighters grow into our hearts since Freelancer has been released Big Grin the greatest fighters in FL History. I'd just love to see a remake version with better textures of them like the Bastet and Chimaera.

Shoot your thoughts! Big Grin
Bastet was never vanilia fighter to begin with.
Indeed.

Technological progress does not stand still, even so far in the future.

Imho every update should have some minor (at least cosmetic) changes to the existing models, vanila and not.
(04-11-2014, 10:32 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed.

Technological progress does not stand still, even so far in the future.

Imho every update should have some minor (at least cosmetic) changes to the existing models, vanila and not.

In a place where same designs were recycled over and over (Valkyrie precedessors in Sigma 13, now Wraiths), it does not make any sense. Not only that, I like how those vanilia models look like as they are.
I actually like the Wraith (Valkyrie) model as it is in Vanilla Smile
I love all vanilla models the most. However, if someone has the time to visually upgrade them into additional MK2 versions... Variety is always good.
Well if you look at it this way most of the Vanilla models are HF's now, check Valkyrie. So you don't think the advanced version of Valkyrie (Wraith) should look at least a little more textured then the old one? You don't make any sense Omicron.

(04-11-2014, 10:35 AM)Omicron Wrote: [ -> ]In a place where same designs were recycled over and over (Valkyrie precedessors in Sigma 13, now Wraiths), it does not make any sense. Not only that, I like how those vanilia models look like as they are.

Picture removed. Tsk tsk tsk. ~Drrobe

This is why we never get nice things 8|
(04-11-2014, 12:21 PM)Snake Wrote: [ -> ]Well if you look at it this way most of the Vanilla models are HF's now, check Valkyrie. So you don't think the advanced version of Valkyrie (Wraith) should look at least a little more textured then the old one?

The HF versions (MK1) aren't available anymore. I think it makes sense that they stayed that way. ("Never change a running system.")
(04-11-2014, 12:28 PM)Narcotic Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-11-2014, 12:21 PM)Snake Wrote: [ -> ]Well if you look at it this way most of the Vanilla models are HF's now, check Valkyrie. So you don't think the advanced version of Valkyrie (Wraith) should look at least a little more textured then the old one?

The HF versions (MK1) aren't available anymore. I think it makes sense that they stayed that way. ("Never change a running system.")

No, new era, new designs, new awesomeness. I'm not talking about replacing it, it's more about remodelling the Vanilla Fighters, see the bastet? Ye ye it ain't vanilla but still looks same to nephtys and to be honest its new model looks like an advanced Nephtys, something like that it still looks like Nephtys but a little different. Why not the other vanilla fighters too imo?
Any suggestions? Would realy like to see this :)))
Pages: 1 2 3