Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pirated by a player with Freelancer ID
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was joust pirated by a player called [REDACTED - Pavel] , he had a Freelancer ID and demanded 3 mill. I told him that he cant pirate with a Freelancer ID and he said that he wasent a Freelancer and he killed me.

Have i misunderstood the rules, or did he do wrong?
Is there any way to sanction him? Do i have to take a picture of the chat log next time?
You should next time post a screen shot of the event (preferably with proof of the offending player's ID and unlawful act, etc.) and post it in the Sanction Reports thread here: http://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44

Don't do a trial by forum.

Cheers, and happy flying! Wink
What you just did is called trial by forum and banned here. Don't publicly announce you consider someone rulebreak, just screen his ID, interaction and chat logs, and report here.

Edit: Laddie you ninja Smile
(04-11-2014, 08:27 PM)Pavel Wrote: [ -> ]What you just did is called trial by forum and banned here. Don't publicly announce you consider someone rulebreak, just screen his ID, interaction and chat logs, and report here.

Sorry, i diden't know. What program do you use for schreen capture?
(04-11-2014, 08:35 PM)SniperWolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-11-2014, 08:27 PM)Pavel Wrote: [ -> ]What you just did is called trial by forum and banned here. Don't publicly announce you consider someone rulebreak, just screen his ID, interaction and chat logs, and report here.

Sorry, i diden't know. What program do you use for schreen capture?

Press "Print Scrn" and the pic will go to your "Pictures" Library if your on Win7
Use Fraps. PrtScr creates lags ingame that get you killed.
Can also record videos.
9/10 chance he was doing that deliberately. All my encounters with these players has been the result of trolls who know they can't do this with their ID, however they're doing it just to ruin the fun of other players.
There's a good number of these players about.

Feel free to send me pics and names of these characters.
(04-12-2014, 04:37 AM)Mr. Altejago Wrote: [ -> ]There's a good number of these players about.

Feel free to send me pics and names of these characters.

I would tell him not to do that seeing as you don't have any authority to do anything about these trolls in game anyway. What Pavel explained will work fine.
Make sure you are not confusing ID and IFF. ID is on the player ship in the cargo hold. The IFF is what is before a players ship name on screen. There are players who have a Pirate IDs and have a Freelance IFF.
Pages: 1 2