Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Forum Section?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i was thinking, would it be useful if we had a new forum section under "The Community" named "Tutorials"? I've seen that there are alot of tutorials on the forum but not many people know where they are or how to find them so i thought this might be a good idea. It would be easier for people to find them and we can just point new players there. What do you think?
Sounds helpful, though what about keeping it with like sections in the "Discovery RP 24/7 Hub" and bumping the whole thing higher up for visibility? You can see from the post counts that it's the most frequented subsection and already contains things you'd want newcomers to see - rules, help. Sanction notices are like Disco's obituaries/community police blotter section.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26

"Forum for posting tutorials, as well as requesting and giving support to other players. Must read for all newcomers."
Why not simply rename it to the Newcomer Section?
(04-16-2014, 09:36 AM)Zed26 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds helpful, though what about keeping it with like sections in the "Discovery RP 24/7 Hub" and bumping the whole thing higher up for visibility? You can see from the post counts that it's the most frequented subsection and already contains things you'd want newcomers to see - rules, help. Sanction notices are like Disco's obituaries/community police blotter section.

It's a good idea, yeah. It might be sightly better, infact. But the tutorials don't just have to be on Disco. There are other oens out there just like Makc's new video about how to make a trans bar.

(04-16-2014, 10:01 AM)Hone Wrote: [ -> ]http://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26

"Forum for posting tutorials, as well as requesting and giving support to other players. Must read for all newcomers."

I think we all know that's there, but i'm on about a dedicated forum section for just tutorials where people can easily scroll though and find the one they want to look at. It's a bit hard at the moment finding one that's out there. It'll also help out the new comers who don't know the forum, or Disco, very well.