Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Lags without Bloom?!? [Solved]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings fellow Wingmen!

After giving Disco a second chance I'm back (last time it was 2009) and I started to read and study and install.
So far everything is fine exept one thing: Without Bloom I have small but very annoying lags while turning my ship around. Does anyone had that before? Or does anyone heard that before and may have a solution?

Here is what I installed:
1. Installed FL/Vanilla
2. Installed Diso (and did not choose Bloom while installing!)
3. Installed Diso Update (was automatically)
4. Installed The Swag Pack v0.4 5-31-2013
5. The Swag Pack v0.4 to v0.5 Update
6. Artofeel's High Quality Music

My machine:
CPU: AMD Phenom II 955 BE // OS: Win7/64 Prof.
GPU: SAPPHIRE HD 6850 1GB PCIE @ 1920x1080 (Ingame-setting: very high)
RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR3-1600, CL8
HD: SSD Samsung 840 Pro 128GB

Thoughts:
After I started the game it was very dark. So I read almost everything I could find and did come to the conclusion, that Bloom was installed, althoug I did not check the box during Disco install. Maybe it did come anyway with The Swag Pack. So I tried Shift+F12 and Shift+F9.
Suddenly everything was bright and shiny. Conslusion: Bloom is installed.
BUT without the Bloom I have really annoying lags while turning ships around their axis.

Here is what I did:
- Manually installed Bloom files => Same lags
- Deactivated 3D-Sound (because some of you wrote that this was an issue for some people when it comes to frames per second).
- Deactivated every single box in options => performance
- Deactivated all options and put slider down to zero
- Used ATIs Catalyst on "performance" and "optimized" settings.

=> Cant get rid of the lags Sad

Thanks for any help and thought about that.

Regards

Benz
I had the same thing, actually. Annoying as hell, but it seems we share the same CPU.
First of all: Thanks for your videos! In fact you were one reason to come back to Disco!

As for my problem: You wrote "had" the problem...So what fixed it?
Your issue sounds very similar to this one: Lag every 3 seconds
There is a solution posted there. Hope this helps.
That is interesting and I'm grateful for your advice. What exactly did you do? Did you really record something in background? Can you give me a short "tutorial"? (Just a few words).

Thank you!

EDIT: Ok I think I figured it out. Is there any "FPS-rule" like: "For FL dont go over 59.?" "Or "If your monitor runs on 59 then run it on 59?"
I just fraps when I fly, it solves the lag issue.
Merely running Dxtory without recording anything removes the annoying frame stuttering (or whatever it is called).
You need to go to the "Advanced" tab (the one with the green thing), check the "Limit Video FPS" box and and enter a value that is one less than your screen refresh rate. For a 60Hz screen it should be 59.

Edit: You did just that already.
There's no 59Hz rule and as far as I know nVidia users aren't experiencing this problem.
You shouldn't exceed 160Hz though as it's cheating.
Well guys...This was really helpful and I appreciate your advice.
I played for 20 minutes now and it was a game changer!

Regards

Benz