Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Unique Ships for houses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since April 1st we have the possibility to request unique ships via SRP request.

I had the idea that every house could have their own special ships. Of course it should be the work of offical factions only.
I was working on a experimental Rheinland cruiser for the BDM. My goal was to increase the factions activity in Rheinland because it is very quiet there, at the moment. It took me over one year to learn 3D modelling in maya/milkshape, .ale and .ini editing.
And now i found out it is only possible to request the ship without self made effects or equipment. People who request a special ship, have to fly it with standard equipment. Somebody forget to add a note in the regulations, eh?.

In some cases it does not matter but in my case, my cruiser would not fit to its role as experimental ship without the new engine and gun effects. And no, i don't use op-nom-tech. I use new weapons with the same weapon stats as the standard guns with the difference that my guns are renamed and have its own history + effect. The whole ship is a huge library. It would be a shame if i have to throw it away.

I am of the opinion that the community should have a chance to change the
game content. Not only the developers or admins.

With this thread i want to ask the community about my idea and the new SRP regulations. I hope my work wasn't in vain again.
You can always RP that guns are experimental.

Honestly, adding hundreds of new items for only one unique ship is rather time consuming.
(04-18-2014, 01:13 PM)SkyNet Wrote: [ -> ]I am of the opinion that the community should have a chance to change the
game content. Not only the developers or admins.

(04-18-2014, 01:13 PM)SkyNet Wrote: [ -> ]Since April 1st we have the possibility to request unique ships via SRP request.

Actually the community now does have the chance to change the game content by having their own models added!?

Effects can be part of a SRP, too. Just use one of the many effects that are already in the game (but barely being used).