Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Why do (or don't) you fly a Zoner? Serious question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Given the recent cries about the GRN/Zoner accident that led to a sanction, coupled with the fact every time a group targeted the Zoners there were tears I gotta ask - why do YOU, the Zoner player, fly a Zoner?

I promise I won't be pointing fingers and blaming people for their style of playing this game, I just want to understand what there is to people about flying a Zoner and possibly why the community is rather allergic to conflict with the Zoners.
5ker transport and unlimited ZOI.
NEPHILIMS
well, as a (\^/) player, it is my duty to respond.

Zoner rp (not the everyday nephilim you see in conn or O99) is interesting as well as tough. you can argue if a corsair turns up in your guard system. but zoners cant. only place they can deny you is Pueblo Bonito and Livadia.

second, its not just neutrality, it is adjusting according to situation. for example, you are faced with a nomad bs in Zeta . the call goes out to the Order. you and the Order guy will finish off the nom. but in the middle, a BHG core pops up. what will you do? save the Order? leave the fight and get to the nearest base, after killing the nomad? just go away altogether? Everything you do will have implications. Its like:
You left the fight and abandon us. gtfo- Order
you support terrorists. I kiel u- BHG Core

simply put, Zoners are tougher to rp than your average everyday /l1 /l2 pewpew crowd.

I dont usually fly zoner, but when I do, I fly AirZonerRP . (and I cant afford caps anyways)
another thing, zoners might be neutral, but you cant deny they are powerful. without them, Corsairs would have mostly died out, due to food shortages(inrp). BHG core might never have gotten a foothold in the Edge. Outcasts wouldnt have got a place to dump off their cardi, or buy vital supplies not available at Malta. you get the logic.

for example, if somebody(eg: Order) angered the zoners, no freeports would be open to them. no research shared with ghem. there would be no Hathor or supply ships going to mu.

thats why most factions prefer to have zoners as friendly/neutral/suspicious . although some fzctions do exist opposing zoners. examples: Alien crowd , some militant zoners , some parties who dont like them supplyong their enemies etc....
(04-20-2014, 04:06 PM)seven-alpha-one-one Wrote: [ -> ]another thing, zoners might be neutral, but you cant deny they are powerful.

Best trading faction I keep mentioning are the AI. Not sure if thats changed a lot since the 4.86 but i remember back there they could dock EVERYWHERE and with more then 3600 cargo ships as well. was some restriction on it if i remember correctly.

Why people now fly zoners? Well i think everyone has his/her own roleplay for it. Same you can say why you fly a transport? isn't fighting ships more fun?
Playing a Zoner or not is dependent on the person's taste for RP or in most cases, a way for shedding neutrality to nearly everyone when out in space.
(04-20-2014, 04:06 PM)seven-alpha-one-one Wrote: [ -> ]another thing, zoners might be neutral, but you cant deny they are powerful

That's interesting, are they?
(04-20-2014, 04:06 PM)seven-alpha-one-one Wrote: [ -> ]another thing, zoners might be neutral, but you cant deny they are powerful

[Image: WPDYQl7.gif]

Hell yeah.
I like not getting shot at while trading/exploring. Not getting shot at feels good. Not exploding is happy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11