Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Thumb War V3 (Beware of Ninjas)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
If you don't know how it works, look at this thread to understand.

Rules:

Post and link a song with the same word in the title as the one the last person posted.
No repeating the same songs. :3

Super important rules:

JihadJoe must post.
Marburg must post.

I'll kick it off with..

AC/DC - It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll)

EDIT: As of around Page 10, Burg decided to take this thread to a whole, nufva, levuh, and make it Jenga style. Explanation is quoted below.

(04-26-2014, 05:21 AM)Morbid Zen Wrote: [ -> ]OK. First off, many moons ago, "Thumb War" was a thread that Zapp created after he & I were randomly messing around in Joe's "Epic Tunes" thread for a while. The rules were pretty fast & loose:

1- "Post a song title from an artist that shares one or more words with the song title above you"
2- "If you can't think of a song from another artist that shares one or more words with the song above you, it's cool to post a different song from the same artist"

Since then, Sterlin's resurrected the game a couple times & I always get a kick out of it...problem is, it's never really been a forum game.

I'd like to try & change that to make it more like a Jenga game by formalizing a few things & giving it consequences.

So. Just for the official record, it works like this:

The idea is to start with a single song.
For this example, I'll use:

Jane's Addiction- Mountain Song

The next poster is expected to post any two songs from any artists that have the words "Mountain" & "Song" in 'em, like,

Led Zeppelin- Misty Mountain Hop
and
Hangdogs- The Gun Song

It's important to keep in mind that even though it doesn't matter which specific word you choose to focus on in the song title when making your post, it can only be a word somewhere in the song title itself...you cannot substitute a word from the Artist or Band name.

Remember: Song titles only!

Also, no using articles for tune linking like 'a' 'is' 'and' & 'the' etc.

Moving on.

The second poster, having stacked "Mountain" & "Song" from the first post like this:
Led Zeppelin- Misty Mountain Hop
Hangdogs- The Gun Song
the next poster is then expected add another song to the list.

For this example, the 1st song in the new stack needs to be any song from any artist that includes "Misty" "Mountain" or "Hop"
The second song needs to have either "Gun" or "Song" in the title, like:

The Pogues- Misty Morning, Albert Bridge
The Beatles- Happiness Is A Warm Gun
Then, the third song added to the stack can include "Happiness" "Warm" or "Gun"
Bush- Warm Machine

The next poster would be required to post 4 separate songs from any artist, the next would need 5 separate songs from any artist...and so on & so on & so on.

It will obviously get harder & harder as the stack grows from post to post, so when there's a song somewhere in the list above you that you can't link a word in the title with, you "crash the stack" Jenga-style and are required to start over with any single song specifically from the artist that stumped you, no matter where they appeared in the post above you & everyone begins again.

It's also considered a stack crasher if you miscount the list & fail to add the next tier, in which case, the next poster can pick any one song from any artist in that stack.

Get it?

Any suggestions on how to improve these new rules are more than welcome. PM me with 'em if ya got 'em Smile
Oooh! Look! Another Thumb War! =D
(04-22-2014, 01:01 AM)SMGSterlin Wrote: [ -> ]Marburg must post.

I concur, Sir. Don't mind if I do Smile

Iron Maiden- Children Of The Damned
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11