Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: End of the Line
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"What troubles me, is that he's still alive. He escaped fate, twice, mind you. I plan to find him. Immediately."

The robot stood, his head cocked slightly. Of course he wouldn't understand the pain of humanity, he wasn't of this place.

"No, I still don't understand. I guess there is no stopping you."

She turned towards him from her perch on the rocks. Her mind was a mess, her fight with herself was beginning to take effect. Even he could see it.

"No, there isn't, Cosmos. And with my new abilities, nothing can."

Cosmos' eyes pulsed their signature blue.

"Don't try your corruption with me. I see right through it."

Sometimes, Yuri just hoped that it would work. Magically, or scientifically. Somehow. To have Cosmos feeding from her hand would be a miracle. But alas, he stood against her. She'd have to deal with that one day. Not today, though. Today was the day she struck back at her enemies.

"Corruption? I have no idea what you mean, Cosmos..."

There was a moment of still, painful silence before he began to speak again. He also seemed to see right through her lies.

"I'd see a doctor, Yuri. My scans reveal you're not precisely 'human' anymore."

"Shut up, you stupid android. What do you know? I've been blessed to have these... powers, and you just sit there and act jealous."

Cosmos seemed to take a moment to analyze the situation. To his advantage, too.

"My job is done. I'll take my leave now. Now, where shall we meet next?"

"Ames. No, Number 6. Actually, how about Java? Hm, no that won't work... Kyoto. Meet at Kyoto and soon."

"Of course, Yuri. Until then, I guess."

With that, Cosmos left the cliffside, with Yuri looking over the New Tokyo capital. Blankly staring into the ocean of neon signs and dark buildings.

Is this really me? She asked herself, firm on the outside, but a wreck within.
Kyoto's buildings barely grasped the midnight sky that was simulated for them. Just out of reach. Their designs were dark, whether by choice or by lighting, and had a historical feeling to them.

Yuri made her way across the modernized Pagodas, armed in a standard bounty hunter suit. Tight leather for agility, with padding on the right shoulder and leg. She also possessed an ivory gauntlet with sharpened claws for fingers on her left arm. Her waist was strapped with two sais, a long bladed knife and an assortment of lockpicks. All of this coming out of her bank account.

The air was stale and occasionally she'd pass under a optronic array that had a bulb loose, meaning it was darker, or lighter or colder. These minor details only gave a sense of fear to the journey above the buildings, which thrilled Yuri.

As she continued her prance from building to building, she recognized that the Pagodas were becoming less and less cared for, worn and tired. She was reaching the district of the poor. Specifically, Saitou Lane.

Saitou Lane was the street that held a large number of lower class, Blood Dragon Agents that needed to keep a low profile. She'd find him there. She had to. The dangerous events in the bar had to ensure her that he was there.

She entered the bar, alone and in a tattered kimono. She looked ragged, much like the people who inhabited the back alley sanctuary. She remembers looking for the man in a long trench coat, his collar up and his face covered by a journalist's hat. Yuri walked towards him, inhaling the smells of tobacco, cheap sake and... murder.

He was quickly paced, he too seemed to stick out like a sore thumb. He rushed the details to her and then made a quick walk for the door.

"Kyoto, Saitou Lane, Apartment Block 19, Top Floor, Room 2."

The lobby of Apartment Block 19 was still, with a receptionist asleep behind a meshed window. A fan dully swung loosely around the room, giving little to purpose. The stairwell was somewhat rotted and infested by dark spots. The elevator to the left of the stairwell said 'Out of Order', not that it mattered because the control panel had been smashed. Yuri crept silently up the stairs, avoiding any panel of bamboo that would creek under her weight.

She reached the 'First Floor' and cautiously poked her head around the corner. People of all different shapes and sizes decked the hall, whispering to each other. No doubt that these were agents too and wouldn't hesitate to give Yuri a hard time. She looked for an alternative.

Above her head was the air duct. It already seemed quite battered, so opening was simple. Despite it being 2 - 3 metres above her, she leaped with great talent and brought the duct off of it's hinges. This created far less sound than anticipated, but still seemed to cause a rumble in the corridors. Quickly, Yuri placed the useless sheet of textured metal onto the floor and jumped into vents.

She was one step closer to him. So very close.