Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: DiscoveryXM - (DXM)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Untitled-1-3.gif]

-->> DiscoveryXM Link <<--

Server is offline while I am in the process of moving to a new base. The server will be back up in about a month. The movers came today and I didn't realize that it was that time to start packing up my stuff. Well, it was, and the server was packed first and sent. I'm currently on my laptop, the only computer I have left at my disposal. I'll get the server back up as soon as I get internet at my new base.

DiscoveryXM is a free radio station hosted by me for the people of Discovery. I have a TB and a half of music on a HDD in my computer, and I figured I would share the wealth as it were. Below are some helpful facts and links for you to have the best DiscoveryXM experence you can have.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Q: Will you advertise for factions on the server?
A: Yes I will. If you send me what you want detailed on the radio station as an advertisement I will do my best to put one up. It costs 2mil per ad. So if you want it run 5 times during the day, that's 10 million credits total. "[DiscoveryXM]-Leo" is the place to send the credits, please include a PM before sending it.

Q: If you advertise, will you let us know of any big events happening on the server?
A: Yes we will. Anything big that's happening on the server at any time, such as new beta's, server downtimes, and rule adjustments will be put up on the announcements when they are played on DXM.

Q: What songs will you be playing?
A: A mix of songs...[color=red]BEWARE HOWEVER, some of these songs are unedited, so if you are too young, or do not like swear words, I strongly advise you not tune in. I will try to edit out as many as I can find, but having this much music, makes it very hard to do so.

Q: What songs will you be playing during the weekends?
A: During the weekends it will be up to a poll on the fourms. Depending on the responses we get, it will vary from Techno, all the way to Country music. It's up to the folks of Discovery.

Q: When will the server be offline?
A: The downtime for the server will be a little as possible. However, every tuesday the server will go offline for about an hour or two for Defrag and random matinence including allowing the computer sit powered off for one hour before being turned back on. This is to allow the hardware components to rest.

Q: How do I connect?
A: A couple of tutorials were written, one by me, the other by 13centkiller. The link to the one I wrote is here. The link to the one 13centkiller wrote is at the bottom of the post labeled "Connecting with Windows Media Player"

Q: Can I be a DJ too?
A: At the moment I haven't been able to figure out how to do this, so for now it's only going to be me. If there is enough of a community response to the shout-out for DJ's to come help, then I will research the subject much more agressively and see what I can find out.

Any other questions, please refer to the contact information at the bottom of this post

Full Week Schedule

Each day will have a genre of music accompanyed with some kind of show. The show's won't last long, but they will be very informative. So tune in! Below is each day of the week. These are the Genre's that will be played during the week. If you have any suggestions, please let me know via the contact information at the bottom of this post.

Mon: Maniac Monday - Metal, Server Announcements
Tue: Tricky Tuesday -
(Server Matinence, two hours down time), Punk, The Frozen Exile Show (Coming Soon)
Wed: Wild Wednesday - Rock, War Room Talk (Coming Soon)
Thur: Techno Thursday - Techno/Trance/Dance,
(Have an idea for a show? Send me a PM!!)
Fri-Sun: Weekend Extravanganza! - (Short Downtime), Community Voted Genre, Live Tournaments (Coming Soon)

If you have any other questions, or concerns with the station send me a PM, talk to me ingame as [DiscoveryXM]-Leo, or talk to me on skype at the skype account "biggest.ego.ever". Thanks guys, and enjoy.

~Leo

NOTE: Please only post here if there are problems with the server, connecting, excessive buffering of the music, ect. Thanks guys
Server is OFFLINE for a while. PCS (moving bases) and my server was packed up and moved to the next station. Didn't realize it was about that time, but turns out I had to do it now or else I wouldn't be able to take it with me. I'll get it back up soon as I move to Korea.

~DJ Leo