Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Blue Squishies.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i want to RP some research ad i had some q's
How much does the public know of the nomads in rp?
Do they teach it in school? are there books?
what about the cloaking technology did the navy just release the BP for the cloak?
or does the public know vital information of the nomads?
Or is it all Navy Confidential?
Anyone who has been in New York has seen a nomad cruiser or above inquiring telepathically about human currency a.k.a ***(money) ~for~ {what} [futile] -things-***, shortly before opening fire.

You should treat everything nomad related accordingly.
You shouldn't take player actions as a canon to go off of. They don't always neccisarily be the best 'role' of how things are.

Knowledge of the public! Lovely question. Usually, the public is left in the dark for the Nomads. There are perhaps a message here and there from the military saying that the public is safe from harm. There isn't any real knowledge let out. It's a need-to-know basis.

I have my doubts that the Cloak is public knowledge on how to build them. Again, a need-to-know basis from a civilization point of view.

Schooling. I'd imagine that they are taught that the Nomads are bad things, but again. I don't think much is told about them.

All in all, the civilians are kept in the dark.
(04-28-2014, 04:20 AM)Moveit56 Wrote: [ -> ]You shouldn't take player actions as a canon to go off of. They don't always neccisarily be the best 'role' of how things are.

Knowledge of the public! Lovely question. Usually, the public is left in the dark for the Nomads. There are perhaps a message here and there from the military saying that the public is safe from harm. There isn't any real knowledge let out. It's a need-to-know basis.

I have my doubts that the Cloak is public knowledge on how to build them. Again, a need-to-know basis from a civilization point of view.

Schooling. I'd imagine that they are taught that the Nomads are bad things, but again. I don't think much is told about them.

All in all, the civilians are kept in the dark.

So for example...Anyone can open a POB right? And then make cloaks. how do they acquire Cloaking Blue Prints.
Is it only the blueprints they acquire or do they get other vital information?
Example DSE and there base in NY.
Are they only manufacturing or do they know whats behind the cloaking mechanics?
Also who released the first blueprint...?

Im not sure you can answer all the question but ill love any questions answered.
Thanks btw
In Roleplay, i'd imagine the DSE got a contract from the military for the blueprints. There's no way they could have gotten them on their own.

I'm not the most knowledgeable on this subject of things, so my answers may not be 100% correct.
(04-28-2014, 04:48 AM)Moveit56 Wrote: [ -> ]In Roleplay, i'd imagine the DSE got a contract from the military for the blueprints. There's no way they could have gotten them on their own.

I'm not the most knowledgeable on this subject of things, so my answers may not be 100% correct.

Appreciate the info.
With how PoB's are with producing cloaks, I think it's kinda silly to assume anything cloak related is a big secret, like some special information only house intelligence factions know anything about.

Perhaps they know how the cloaks work, and how to build them, and what materials are needed, but the actual blue nomad bits they're unsure of. They only know that "if you stick this blue goo in slot A and press button B, things go invisible", for example.

As far as knowledge of Nomads as a species and they're capabilities, ye, that would be secret squirrel stuff I would think. Governments wouldn't want everyone knowing that the person next to them could be a Nomad, and that Nomads can apparently destroy stars with a single vessel.
(04-28-2014, 05:08 AM)SMGSterlin Wrote: [ -> ]With how PoB's are with producing cloaks, I think it's kinda silly to assume anything cloak related is a big secret, like some special information only house intelligence factions know anything about.

Perhaps they know how the cloaks work, and how to build them, and what materials are needed, but the actual blue nomad bits they're unsure of. They only know that "if you stick this blue goo in slot A and press button B, things go invisible", for example.

As far as knowledge of Nomads as a species and they're capabilities, ye, that would be secret squirrel stuff I would think. Governments wouldn't want everyone knowing that the person next to them could be a Nomad, and that Nomads can apparently destroy stars with a single vessel.

Thats what i was thinking.
They only know how to produce and use.
But dont know all the mechanics behind it.
(04-28-2014, 04:48 AM)Moveit56 Wrote: [ -> ]In Roleplay, i'd imagine the DSE got a contract from the military for the blueprints. There's no way they could have gotten them on their own.

With how every single faction can make a cloak factory, the only thing nomad related about them seems to be the nomad parts you need, not the technology.

Which is silly.