Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: FLStat - Browse important data of Freelancer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
FLStat is a program by Dan Tascau to display some information contained in the
Freelancer ini files. This version has been patched by Jason Hood to provide
additional information and features.

Downloading

Download it from Adoxa's website and unzip/extract it to your desired location.

First Time

If you are opening it for a first time, you might be prompted to choose location where your game is installed. If you are not prompted, click "Settings -> Freelancer Location..." and select it. It might take a while before all data is extracted. But once it is done, you should see a list of bases already.

After a patch or an update

You need to reload the files by pressing on this button.

Closer Look

Now you can start exploring the data FLStat managed to extract.

Bases
Let's start with a quick glimpse at list of Bases. All data is sorted based on the name of first field by default. But you can choose to sort it by its owner, system or territory where it is located in, internal system or base name, by it's name ID or infocard ID. The fields are self-explanatory. However, there are two more windows of FLStat. On the right, you can see the selected Base infocard and additional information. On the bottom, you can see a list of equipment and ships that station sells and what commodities are sold/bought on the station.
It gets a bit odd here, as there are more information about items than we see ingame.
Level Req'd shows what level in Single Player you need to be to be able to buy this equipment.
Reputation Req'd shows, what minimal reputation with station onwers is required for you to buy that item. -1.0 means everyone can buy it.
Price Modifier shows relative price increase or decrease if compared to default item price.

Factions
This tab has a list of all faction entries found in the game. It shows full and short names of it. I believe that short name shows up as IFF on ships in game.
Obj. Destruction Rep. Chg. - I believe that is shows how your reputation is affected with that faction, who's ships you destroyed. So in this case, for each Ageira ship you destroy, your reputation will lower by 0.03 points.
Mission Success Rep. Chg. - Shows how much reputation increases for successfully fulfilling mission give by that faction.
Mission Failure Rep. Chg. - Shows how much your reputation decreses for failing mission give by that faction.
Mission Abort Rep. Chg. - Shows how much your reputation decreses for faborting mission give by that faction.

Lower window holds information, which I have no idea how translates into game, as it is certainly not ID rephacks.

Rep Hacks
The main window remains unchanged, however the lower one now shows where NPCs are offering bribe for the faction selected in the main window. All information is self-explanatory.

Commodities
While FLStat is not the most comfortable program to look information on Commodities, it has a more comfortable list of commodities and their buy/sell locations. However, this FL Companion should be used to determine profitable routes. Let's look at the fields.

Price - shows default price of commodity set in DATA\EQUIPMENT\goods.ini
Best Buy Price - shows the lowest price that commodity can be bought. This includes generally inaccessible stations such as Temple of the Damned as well...
Best Sell Price - shows the best price you can get by selling it.
Profit Margin - the difference between best sell and best buy prices.
Jumps - It's irrelevant value which is found in DATA\EQUIPMENT\goods.ini

Lower window shows stations which sells the selected commodity at default price or buys/sells at non-default price.
Level Req'd shows what level in Single Player you need to be to be able to buy this commodity.
Reputation Req'd shows, what minimal reputation with station onwers is required for you to buy this commodity. -1.0 means everyone can buy it.

Guns
The most informative tab so far. The bread and butter of Freelancer, right? Let's look at the fields:

Gun - Name of the weapon.
Class - The class of the weapon. It limits equiping weapons to only fitting hardpoints on ships.
Type - Wether it is Gun or Turret.
Technology There are moer than 6 of weapon types. Check here for more information
Price - How much your wallet will shrink if you buy it.
Hull Dmg - How much damage is dealt to unshielded ship.
Shield Dmg - How much damage is dealt to shields, not counting the modifier.
Power Usage - How much of energy will you use while shooting weapon once.
Refire - How many times the guns is capable of shooting per second.
Hull Dmg/s = Hull Dmg * Refire
Shield Dmg/s = Shield Dmg * Refire
Power/s = Power Usage * Refire
Efficiency = Hull Dmg/Power Usage
Value - No idea.
Rating - No idea.
Speed - How fast does the weapon particle flies.
Range - How far does the weapon particle flies.
Toughness - How much weapon is resistant to explosive damage comming from mines/missiles/torpedoes.
Hit Pts - How much damage can the weapon soak before being destroyed. Applies to mounted and floating weapons.
Lootable - I believe it shows if weapon is dropped after shooting down NPC or not which holds it.

Gun Modifiers
Main window remains the same, while lower one shows how much does the damage to the shield changes based on shield's technology. Read more here.

So, we have Adv. Flashpoint as example. It's Laser type weapon. We can see that it deals 60% of it's original damage to Graviton, 75% to Molecular and 90% to Positron shields. This means that there is tactical choice in selecting weapons. If you are fighting against Graviton Shield user, you will see that it is much harder to deshield him while using Laser weapons, than it is to deshield Positron Shield owners.

Mines ( Credits to Praetor )
Mine - Show name of the mine.
Price - Shows the price of the mine.
Ammo Price - Shows the cost of ammo for the mine.
Hull Dmg - The damage done to the Hull by the mine in Hit Points.
Shield Dmg - The damage done to the Shield by the mine in Hit Points.
Value - Unknown,need someone to give input.
Refire - The rate of dropping the mines,higher the number the better.
Detonation Distance - The distance at which the mine explodes near a ship.
Ex:If value is 4,then the mine will explode if it is atleast 4m from a ship.
Radius - The radius is the distance from the mine when it explodes where it will damage ships.
Ex:If value is 16 then the mine will damage all ships withing 16m of it when it explodes.
Seek Distance - The distance at which the mine starts following a ship to explode.
Ex:If value is 500 ,then the mine will seek and go after any ship that comes closer than 500m to it and explode near the ship.
Top Speed - The max speed the mine can attain when seeking a target.
Acceleration - The rate of change of speed of the mine.
Linear Drag - Need input,but I am guessing it means the opposition the mine gets to its movement/motion.
Lifetime - The higher the number,the longer the mine will work before just vanishing without exploding if it didn't explode near a target before its Lifetime is up.
Owner Safe - The time till which the mine wont follow the ship that dropped the mine.
Ex:If the value is 4 and a ship dropped a mine then the mine wont follow it till it 4 seconds after dropping the mine and during this period the ship can fly away from it.
Toughness - How much the mine is resistant to explosive damage coming from mines/missiles/torpedoes.
Hit Pts - The value show how many Hit Points the mine has,that is how strong it is.Higher the number the better.
Lootable - If yes then NPC ships may possibly drop it when killed,if no then its not possible to obtain by NPC ships.

Shields
One of the more important equipment for survival holds important data:

Technology - Shows which technology is the shield based on. Relevant in relation to Weapon technology
Capacity - How much Shield Points it has.
Regenaration Rate - How much Shield Points it regenarates over one second.
Rebuild Power Draw - I believe it is the energy used up to rebuild shield after it ship was deshielded.
Off Rebuild Time - How long it takes for a shield to come back online, after being deshielded/disabled.

Thrusters
These are the things called Afterburner in game controls. This allows your ship to temporarly increase speed beyond impulse speed. Thruster is very important in combat, for either catching up or fleeing from your foe.

Power Usage - The lower the value, the longer thruster can be used.
Efficiency - The higher the value, the longer you can thrust with it.
Hit Pts - How much damage it can take before being blown off. This is very important for gunboat and bigger ships, because weaker Thrusters can be destroyed by direct gun fire or explosive damage pretty quickly, where Capital Ship Thruster will last much longer.

Ships
Without ships, we wouldn't have much to do, would we? Thus this is the single most important aspect of Freelancer. Ship choice is the most important thing while buying new one and it defines your capabilities with it.

Armor - Hull Points. It shows how much damage can ship take before being destroyed.
Hold Size - Cargo Hold limit. Shows how much cargo you can hold on your ship. Don't forget that weapons, armors, thrusters, shields, countermeasures might take up cargo space as well and thus lower the amount of commodities you can have.
Nanobots/Batteries - The maximum amount of these repair items your ship can hold. Don't be surprised if you cannot jettison Shield Batteries as that is one of game features on our server/mod.
Max Angular Speed (deg/s) - Shows the maximum rate at which ship can turn.
Angular Distance from 0 to 0.5 sec (deg) - Shows how many degrees a ship can turn in half a second.
Time to 90% Max Angula Speed (s) - Shows how long it takes for ship to reach maximum angular speed after starting to turn.
Power Capacity - shows how big your powercore is. The higher the value, the bigger starting powercore ship has
Power Recharge Rate - How much powercore is regenerated per second. The higher the value, the longer you can fire weapons.
Impulse Speed - The maximum speed at which your ship can fly without thrusting or cruising.
Reverse Fraction - shows how fast can you move backwards, in relation to your impulse speed.

Ship Details
Lower window shows what hardpoints can mount which classes of equipment for selected ship.

So there it is. I skipped Missiles and Mines, because I haven't been exploring what their data reveals. If someone wishes to explain that, I would be glad to add that part to this tutorial.
Mines
Mine - Show name of the mine.
Price - Shows the price of the mine.
Ammo Price - Shows the cost of ammo for the mine.
Hull Dmg - The damage done to the Hull by the mine in Hit Points.
Shield Dmg - The damage done to the Shield by the mine in Hit Points.
Value - Unknown,need someone to give input.
Refire - The rate of dropping the mines,higher the number the better.
Detonation Distance - The distance at which the mine explodes near a ship.
Ex:If value is 4,then the mine will explode if it is atleast 4m from a ship.
Radius - The radius is the distance from the mine when it explodes where it will damage ships.
Ex:If value is 16 then the mine will damage all ships withing 16m of it when it explodes.
Seek Distance - The distance at which the mine starts following a ship to explode.
Ex:If value is 500 ,then the mine will seek and go after any ship that comes closer than 500m to it and explode near the ship.
Top Speed - The max speed the mine can attain when seeking a target.
Acceleration - The rate of change of speed of the mine.
Linear Drag - Need input,but I am guessing it means the opposition the mine gets to its movement/motion.
Lifetime - The higher the number,the longer the mine will work before just vanishing without exploding if it didn't explode near a target before its Lifetime is up.
Owner Safe - The time till which the mine wont follow the ship that dropped the mine.
Ex:If the value is 4 and a ship dropped a mine then the mine wont follow it till it 4 seconds after dropping the mine and during this period the ship can fly away from it.
Toughness - How much the mine is resistant to explosive damage coming from mines/missiles/torpedoes.
Hit Pts - The value show how many Hit Points the mine has,that is how strong it is.Higher the number the better.
Lootable - If yes then NPC ships may possibly drop it when killed,if no then its not possible to obtain by NPC ships.
Many thanks. Added.
Looks good.

Cheers!
Any chance of an engines tab being able to be displayed? I'm trying to collect all of the engines of Sirius and it would be extremely helpful. If not is that something that can be extracted from the ini personally? Love the program byw use it all the time.
(11-29-2023, 02:03 AM)MrKatz Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance of an engines tab being able to be displayed? I'm trying to collect all of the engines of Sirius and it would be extremely helpful. If not is that something that can be extracted from the ini personally? Love the program byw use it all the time.

you were asking for Engines tab.
New online flstat does have this information!
Wrong thread XD