Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: DELETE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
DELETE
Populated as in peak hours but 24/7
DELETE
Max pop, no ship/tech compat, more dense core space, massive ship variety, a system named after me, breasts.
disco without development errors.
(05-10-2014, 06:30 PM)Snak3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2014, 04:55 PM)Swallow Wrote: [ -> ]Populated as in peak hours but 24/7

Vanilla would suit you?

Whatever would suit me if there is many roleplayers. Even if there is no Freelancer at all, I wouldn't mind playing it as forum-based RPG.
(05-10-2014, 06:57 PM)Swallow Wrote: [ -> ]

Vanilla would suit you?

Whatever would suit me if there is many roleplayers. Even if there is no Freelancer at all, I wouldn't mind playing it as forum-based RPG.

Space dungeons and dragons?

Honestly this mod is great but I find its small, and that the size of the 'universe' could have been bigger. I know most people think that the more area would spread players out too much, but I also feel that the reason why thousands are playing Eve and hundreds are playing disco is because of the sizes of the games in comparison.

Perfect? Would be if every system in the game used its volume and actually contained 2-3 star systems, spaced out by about 300k each, making you cruise from one to the other, very spaced out jumpholes, possible extremely long trade lanes between them (maybe giving rise to midway stations). Then just make an in system only JD, available to most ships above freighters, practical for in system travel, but a money sink like it is now.

Bam, turn the current mod into a way larger game without actually having to change the layout. Just add more to the existing systems. In-system jumpholes would also allow closing the gap on long distance in-system flight, information that would be come quite valuable to sell to traders and smugglers!

Don't get me wrong, I know it would be a lot of work, wish I had the knowledge to do it. I suppose, that would spice it up, if not make it 'perfect' environment wise to me.
(05-10-2014, 07:50 PM)TheUnforgiven Wrote: [ -> ]Don't get me wrong, I know it would be a lot of work, wish I had the knowledge to do it.

All the magic is "you have just to try... Just make a start."
(05-10-2014, 07:50 PM)TheUnforgiven Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2014, 06:57 PM)Swallow Wrote: [ -> ]

Vanilla would suit you?

Space dungeons and dragons?

Honestly this mod is great but I find its small, and that the size of the 'universe' could have been bigger. I know most people think that the more area would spread players out too much, but I also feel that the reason why thousands are playing Eve and hundreds are playing disco is because of the sizes of the games in comparison.

Perfect? Would be if every system in the game used its volume and actually contained 2-3 star systems, spaced out by about 300k each, making you cruise from one to the other, very spaced out jumpholes, possible extremely long trade lanes between them (maybe giving rise to midway stations). Then just make an in system only JD, available to most ships above freighters, practical for in system travel, but a money sink like it is now.

Bam, turn the current mod into a way larger game without actually having to change the layout. Just add more to the existing systems. In-system jumpholes would also allow closing the gap on long distance in-system flight, information that would be come quite valuable to sell to traders and smugglers!

Don't get me wrong, I know it would be a lot of work, wish I had the knowledge to do it. I suppose, that would spice it up, if not make it 'perfect' environment wise to me.

The absolute last thing that this mod needs is more systems.
(05-10-2014, 08:51 PM)Gaz83 Wrote: [ -> ]The absolute last thing that this mod needs is more systems.

Well to me, the 24/7 RP server, and the entire Disco experience, is similar to a business. If you want your business to succeed, you need to grow and expand, not shrink it up. That's called atrophy, and disco doesn't need systems only under the current circumstances. The only way to change the current situation is to grow and expand. I never understood why people want to fly space based sims that want their origin right next to their destination. People want buffer systems removed so they can power trade themselves to death with little challenge. Some people are on here for the RP only, and use the game as a medium for that, so they don't care how many systems there are. Others, like myself, play for the gaming experience, and RP because its a practical and fun way to enhance the gaming experience.

The next step for disco should be adding tons of new stuff and places, expand like crazy, then advertise the hell out of it like its a new game. People also say its too big and you can never catch up to anyone or get in an ongoing battle fast enough. I still think that making a short range JD available for smaller ships would solve that, and you could make the game as big as you want. Its not about how big it is that's the problem, its the time it takes to travel, which can be reduced with tech.
Pages: 1 2 3 4