Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rule Request.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The situation with the Independent Bounty Hunters who think they are Universal Police is getting way out of hand.
Traders do Diamonds/Niobium for a week, buy a Bounty Hunter Capital Ship and go on a quest to purge Sirius of all Piracy.
this should be ILLEGAL, and I request that Admins would screen all Bounty Hunters, place the Bounty Hunter ID item on the Lost Battlestar and remove it from where ever it is sold, remove Bounty Hunter IDs from EVERYBODY, and then put in place a Rule that you MAY NOT FLY BOUNTY HUNTER SHIPS (Gunboats and up) without BOUNTY HUNTER ID, and then if you want to get a Bounty Hunter ID you must send an application to a Legitimate "Bounty Hunter" Player Owned Faction Leader who will then get you an ID from an Admin if the application is accepted by the faction.
and ALL who try to remain Independent Bounty Hunters will be punished for being PvP addicts.
and any New Bounty Hunter's Guild themed player Factions shouldn't be passed by the admins.

THIS will eliminate all those annoying Gunships and Battlecruisers who think they own the universe.
Umm.. Coming from a Hessian that camps NB > S-13 hole in a Thor blowing up traders?

Sorry, but you are the last person that can complain about this sort of stuff.
hm. i m an independent BHG - and i don t think i m a pvp addict. but its amazing that you include the "bomber" into that list. ( sorry, i just HAVE to smirk at that one )

btw. the BHG bomber is one of the largest bombers around that is - admittedly quite agile, but nothing like the "smaller ones" - and it has a small powercore. - hardly overpowered. and wasn t that what we wanted the BHG to do? - fly fighters / bombers instead - i d really HATE to be yelled at for flying a bomber now... that d cause a counter reaction and i d buy a battlecruiser:D
Tell me about it, i'm getting sick and tired of bounty hunter destroyers and battlecruisers camping bornholme depot - they've got no reason to be there, yet they somehow have come to believe that junkers are full blown criminals and are shoot on sight without warning.

meanwhile, everyone says "but junkers have no enemies, they dont need big ships!" whenever we try to use any kind of capship or decent bomber, so we get our asses kicked trying to fight these idiots in gunboats and transports.
Quote:any New Bounty Hunter's Guild themed player Factions shouldn't be passed by the admins.

Cheers for that mate. I had some sympathy for you until you started with that kind of talk. Have you any consideration for anyone on the server who doesn't play it your way?

Honestly folks, people will never be happy with the BHG until we are flying barracudas around the place trying to take down our targets using persuasion and cups of tea.

The proposed ID changes should remove some of your gripes.

//edit...Oh this is a straightforward anti BH thread now.
okay sorry for including Bombers in the ID only ships, *editing* and to Athenian, I said any NEW Bounty Hunter Themed factions should be denied, because they could cause a loophole in only the Player Faction Bounty Hunters getting IDs pre-established ones should run a check of their members, but other than that be left alone.
Quote://edit...Oh this is a straightforward anti BH thread now.

Well to be fair, it's not only the bounty hunters giving us trouble, there's a lot of independents (and a few factioned players) belonging to house police/military that have decided to start shooting junkers on sight.

I ran into an indy rheinland cruiser and rheinland gunboat yesterday in Omega 15 who both opened up fire on me without reason.

At this point i'm really starting to push for junkers to get some bigger, more powerful ships to deal with these threats.
' Wrote:Umm.. Coming from a Hessian that camps NB > S-13 hole in a Thor blowing up traders?

Sorry, but you are the last person that can complain about this sort of stuff.

Im sorry but that is stupid... "Blowing up" traders? No, I don't, unless they deny me the tax I ask for...
my Thor is used for gathering IRC (Intergalactic Resource Credits) for the Hessians, of course Im gonna be there pirating.

also, you've obviously never encountered one of these Indy BHG ships while in a pirate role, considering that you are claiming me to be a hypocrit.
but tenacity, you must also take into account that the junkers do their share there...

here is a recent example:
- on my LPI i have scanned junkers flying through NY and texas yesterday and today. - out of 10 junkers i had 3 that hauled BHG pilots - not the casual random BHG that attacks the junker for their hold - but over 150! - they are collecting BHGs...
- only one of them complied to release them at the closest police station, the others made fun of the order and simply ignored it.
- today i was blown up by a junker gunboat in my LPI - he interfered in a fight against a hacker. ( 3 GB missile salvos ) - he apologized and so its ALRIGHT.

but you see, the junkers have to learn to act neutral, too. - when a junker hauls and actually collects BHGs he is making not only himself but his whole faction kos for the BHGs - just like the other way round. but lately, i have seen a lot of junkers that think its in RP of their neutrality to collect those pilots. - that has to change, ..... too. ( as well as all other pirates. - when pirates attack BHGs, the BHGs do the same. you cannot expect from a BHG to only attack a pirate when he has a contract but the pirate can attack a BHG at free will. - it just won t work, a lot of people must think again and get down to what roleplay they actually do, both, BHG and unlawfuls )
Quote:- on my LPI i have scanned junkers flying through NY and texas yesterday and today. - out of 10 junkers i had 3 that hauled BHG pilots - not the casual random BHG that attacks the junker for their hold - but over 150! - they are collecting BHGs...

That is... very odd. I do not permit my Junker's Union members to take anti-bounty hunter missions, simply because it causes undue annoyance when trading or even moving around most parts of space - bounty hunter NPC's are EVERYWHERE and they are relentless in attacking your ship if you're hostile to them.

I cant speak for some of these other junkers - but those that you said you scanned were in liberty. We operate in rheinland, and our base in omega 15 is -far- from liberty systems - what gives the BHG reason to openly 'camp' our bases there? There is no in-RP reason for it, it's just simple minded pvp whoring, or the general anti-junker hate sentiment that's been spreading rapidly on this server ever since the Junker's Union and Junker's Congress were established.

Quote:- only one of them complied to release them at the closest police station, the others made fun of the order and simply ignored it.

Again, individual players. Just as you dont take responsibility for all the OORP powertraders trying to fly under a zoner tag to remain 'safe' from pirates, I wont take responsibility for junkers doing the same. A lot of people are using junker tag/ID now in order to smuggle or pirate with little consequence, and frankly it's starting to tick me off that these individuals are giving the rest of us such a bad name.

Quote:- today i was blown up by a junker gunboat in my LPI - he interfered in a fight against a hacker. ( 3 GB missile salvos ) - he apologized and so its ALRIGHT.

Again, someone else who doesnt know how to properly RP a junker. We dont interfere in someone else's battles unless we have something very significant to gain from that interference. A true junker is more likely to sit on the sidelines and watch the combatants slaughter each other than to participate in the fight - and after one of the two is dead he'll happily "clean up" the scrap and be on his merry with a few thousand credits worth of gear.

Quote:but you see, the junkers have to learn to act neutral, too. - when a junker hauls and actually collects BHGs he is making not only himself but his whole faction kos for the BHGs - just like the other way round. but lately, i have seen a lot of junkers that think its in RP of their neutrality to collect those pilots. - that has to change, ..... too. ( as well as all other pirates. - when pirates attack BHGs, the BHGs do the same. you cannot expect from a BHG to only attack a pirate when he has a contract but the pirate can attack a BHG at free will. - it just won t work, a lot of people must think again and get down to what roleplay they actually do, both, BHG and unlawfuls )

I guarantee you will not see that behavior from any member of the junker's union or congress - and if you do, report it to myself or tinkerbell and the individual will be taken care of very quickly.

I will admit that there are a lot of 'rogue' junker players out there who are giving the rest of us a bad name because they really have no idea how to properly RP the role. Many people think of junkers as simple smugglers, pirates, and thieves - and fail to see that there is quite a lot that goes into proper junker RP. You have to build on character to make yourself a decent junker, and I take pride in my own character development, personalities, and behavior both in-game and here on the forums. I've developed an entire crew for my ship consisting of 8 individuals, all of whom I RP seperately in-game, lending some inter-ship interaction to the conversation.

The BHG should have even less reason to attack Junker's Union members than junkers anywhere else in sirius as well - because we do not commit piracy or any other unlawful acts. We're not criminals and have no part in it like other junkers might portray themselves - if anything JU members act more like true zoners than junkers; our bases are nuetral ground, we allow anyone to board so long as they dont cause trouble, and we spend our time trading/salvaging for profit.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7