Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New member and simple question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hello all. My name is Timothy Stow and I have been playing Freelancer ever since it came out. I just recently downloaded Discovery Freelancer 4.87 and I am trying it out. I am liking this mod. But I do have a simple question. I have installed this mod on my desktop. I have also install Freelancer and Discovery 4.87 on my laptop. How can I access my 2 accounts that I created on my desktop on my laptop? I would like to play my 2 accounts when I am away from home but I seem to realize that I cannot do so. Are there any files in the Discovery folder that I need to copy over to the laptop in order to accomplish this feat? Thanks in advance for any assistance in this issue...
Download this application

It is an account manager and you can create/delete/export/import accounts using it. Exporting and Importing have two options. Either as an ADF file or XML file. You can export your desktop account into either of these file formats using this application.

And then, you can copy that account into your laptop, by copying the exported file to your laptop and then using the program, import that file into your laptop. I hope this clears your issues. And read the thread about that program. You will get to know that its more useful than just managing accounts.

And, welcome here. See you in space. Big Grin
Freelancer Account Manager from the site on this link will do it http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=98776

There is also Discovery Launchpad that you can download which also handles it.

YInstall on both machines, export file onto usb, import on second machine.
Without venturing into the details, I will just add a simple comment -- "Welcome to Discovery 4.87. Enjoy your time in here" Smile
Another dumb question: Do you need the actual Freelancer cd in the computer in order to play Discovery Freelancer 4.87 Conquest?
(05-17-2014, 07:43 PM)timothystow Wrote: [ -> ]Another dumb question: Do you need the actual Freelancer cd in the computer in order to play Discovery Freelancer 4.87 Conquest?

CD ?? You don't need the CD to be inserted all the time. Once you have installed Freelancer and then the mod, you are probably good to go. Smile
(05-17-2014, 07:43 PM)timothystow Wrote: [ -> ]Another dumb question: Do you need the actual Freelancer cd in the computer in order to play Discovery Freelancer 4.87 Conquest?

You don't need to insert the disc to play Discovery. Welcome to Discovery.
Ok I have installed the Launchpad on both the desktop and my laptop. I have exported both my accounts from my desktop and imported them into my laptop. I tried to either Launch Server or Launch Client and neither of them would run. How do I launch Discovery on my laptop so that I can play my accounts? Do I simply load up the Discovery Freelancer .exe file and the accounts will be listed under the server that I have created them under?
Check "Launch directory" after you lauch the Launchpad .. It should be set to C:\ .... \Discovery Freelancer 4.87.0\EXE (wherever you have installed the mod)
(05-17-2014, 07:14 PM)Tunicle Wrote: [ -> ]Freelancer Account Manager from the site on this link will do it http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=98776

There is also Discovery Launchpad that you can download which also handles it.

YInstall on both machines, export file onto usb, import on second machine.

I second this, FAM is a lot easier to use than Launchpad in my experience
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9