Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New . . . ish Player!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings everyone,

As you may have noticed below my user name it says "Joined in 2012".

I was here briefly 2 years ago, didn't do much of anything Tongue

I have played a lot of Freelancer, the original single player campaign,88 Flak, Crossfire, Discovery Open SP, misc mods, ect.

However this is my first-ish time playing on the Discovery official server.

I have a couple questions for the . . . uh . . . 'welcome team'. (hope you don't mind)

First, I logged in with the same FL ID that I had 2 years ago, but my previous ship was gone, was there a server reset or something?

Second, could somebody explain, or link me to an explanation of the Tech system? Because I have no idea what the charts are supposed to mean Tongue

Thanks for the help,

-Zeph3r

(P.S. These new forums look a lot better!)
Welcome Zeph3r
In answer to your question, your characters have been wiped out because of in activity, if you have a char that you haven't logged in 6 months, it gets deleted automatically by the server.

And to the second question, There have been Tech restrictions made to avoid people getting whatever they want of ships and equipment, you can check here and here.

Hope that my answers are satisfying enough, however if you require more details or answers to specific questions, I'm all ears so does the community, Thanks and have fun (sun).
Ah yes, I saw the charts but I do not know how to read them.

For example: http://discoverygc.com/wiki/techcompat_table.php

If I am flying The Council ID, I cannot use Bretonia Civilian Weapons | Bretonia Civilian Ships (Light) | Bretonia Civilian Ships (Heavy). But I can use Bretonia Lawful Weapons | Bretonia Lawful Ships at 90%? And I can use Zoners Weapons | Zoners Ships at 75%?

What does this mean?

I am currently flying a Mammoth with a Freelancer ID. When I undock I get a message about power core at 90%. This is because my ID is only 90% compatible? What would happen if I installed something or bought a ship that was not compatible?

Thanks for your trouble,

-Zeph3r
Yes, that is probably because the Mammoth is a lawful transport, not civilian, it should work fine with Navy/LPI/USI/IC/DSE IDs because they are Liberty lawful, but you can fly it with Freelancer ID, However 90% isn't a big deal, you'll probably not feel it, what you should be afraid of is -75%, those could drain your power core a lot, just remember keep the tech char in your mind always, for the sake of RP and fun, Cheers!
Hello and welcome back! PM me any questions or Katana here, we'd be glad to help you out : D