Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Question about Turrets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm flying a Huntress with Corsair ID and Tag.

Today I was told by another Corsair that's not allowed to have so much nomad turrets mounted. I asked where I can find a rule about this, he just told on forums and he'll open fire if I don't change my turrets. While I was searching for this rule i got disconnected. After reconneting I noticed my ship got destroyed. Cause of the discconect I don't know who killed my ship but I would realy dislike to see another Corsair attacking me while I searched the forum for a rule I've never heard about.

I still didn't found this rule and that's why I ask here. Is a Corsair allowed to have nomad turrets mounted on a Huntress?
that rule you can find in corsairs roleplay. nomads are near our home system, and mounting 12 nomad turrets on huntress ( i meet ships with that loadout everyday) can make nomads angry, and then we have problem. on the other side, ship with all nomad turrets, can be piloted by infected pilot, so we can not allow you to land on our base.
and in the end, 12 nomad turrets on corsair ship are not good for roleplay. i have nothing against 1-2-3-4, but 12 from 12 ?
1, 2 nomad turrets are tolerable.

Being fully equiped by nomad weaponry/thrusters will bring the keepers in. The order/corsair turrets are as much nice to use.

In addition, the nomads guns may will see their power going down at next mod release (balancing).
If you ask me, nobody but the keepers should be using nomad capship turrets.
To Quote myself:

Nothing is OORP if its done in RP.

(paraphrasing an Admin)

So basically, if you want to have 12 Nomad turrets, you need to show some RP for it, either in game, with some pretty screenshots, or on the forums with a bit of thought and detail.

That being said, there are those among the corsairs who dont trust them, and as a folllow on, wont trust you because you have them. It is NOT a server rule - its just one of those "grey" rules that are out there among players.
So... you can do it, but for your own peace of mind you might decide not to:)

Depends on what you mean by another corsair. I for example have a Junkers IFF and smuggler ID. The Junkers can kiss my butt if they think they can write policy on me. If you're in a certain faction you have to abide by their rules or face their consequences. If you're not you don't.

The problem with that is you still have to deal with the consequences of your actions, which means if certain groups will KOS you for having 12 nomad turrets then thats the price you pay regardless of who you roll wit', so to speak.
' Wrote:Depends on what you mean by another corsair. I for example have a Junkers IFF and smuggler ID. The Junkers can kiss my butt if they think they can write policy on me. If you're in a certain faction you have to abide by their rules or face their consequences. If you're not you don't.

The problem with that is you still have to deal with the consequences of your actions, which means if certain groups will KOS you for having 12 nomad turrets then thats the price you pay regardless of who you roll wit', so to speak.

I wont attempt to 'write policy' on any other junkers, but if they come into JU territory (rheinland space, around our stations) I do expect them to at least respect the laws we've set up. I will not hesitate to blast another junker to space dust if he causes trouble at my stations - especially with so many 'fakes' using the junker tag/ID in order to claim nuetrality while trading lately; "Oh noes, you cant shoot me mr. pirate, im a junker!" - it's getting as bad as the traders trying to hide behind zoner ID's.

Jeah "I zoner don't shoot its rule!!"

But Turrets thou, All nomad turrets from gunboat to BS should be reserved for nomads only. Anytime I spot one, or two I question the captain, more than two, will get severe suspecion, if I'm in my Order char, even some demands for releasing them on the nearby station or in the last resort engaging the wretched infectoid.

There is no server rule against it. There is however RP behind it that screams for vengance against such players... (anyhow are nomad turrets any better then ordinary turrets?)
' Wrote:Nothing is OORP if its done in RP.
(paraphrasing an Admin)

Noted.

Where did the Admin say it? Links?
Well that's just a word game, OORP =/= INRP if it's not in rp it's out of rp, if it's not out of rp it's in rp... Still you have a hard time roleplaying a nomad outfited ship...
Pages: 1 2