Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Offline mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I posted this in an another thread too, but now I find the right place. XD

So, start with the fact. The Discovery is great on the official server. Many people, many way to interact with them, and the battles are always challenging (at least interesting). As the forum says, it is a roleplay game, and give all the option to roleplay.

However the problems comes when someone try to play offline (he has no net, or the net is under maintenance). or in a LAN party. When there are no other human players, or not enought to roleplay, we need to "play with" NPCs. The mission NPC are good enough, but the random encounters are not. Back to the 4.86 and the previous versions the NPC patrols was strong. It was fun to fight against them.

As far as I know, the loadouts INIs control the loadouts of the NPC ships. Because there are so many ships and weapons, it would be a bunch work to rewrite the loadouts to every single type of ship. Or at least it is for only one person.

Can someone help me in this thing? Or any of the Developers could make this sort of modification?

I know, it is a mod, it will not work with the official server and possible not with any of the other servers too. It is only one file, very easy to change when we can't go up on the official server.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=114915

I agree npcs should be made proper, perhaps not fully as strong as mk2 ships, but at least as good as top of the line vanillas. And definitely with their pilots back.

Also in your sig it should read just "We Died" no "were".

And the last line needs to be changed completely, perhaps;

"and we did not remain dead"
(05-23-2014, 05:23 AM)Hone Wrote: [ -> ]http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=114915

I agree npcs should be made proper, perhaps not fully as strong as mk2 ships, but at least as good as top of the line vanillas. And definitely with their pilots back.

Also in your sig it should read just "We Died" no "were".

And the last line needs to be changed completely, perhaps;

"and we did not remain dead"

Thank you, I will reedit my signature. XD

About the NPCs: I not say they need to be strong on the server. They need to be strong when someone not able to play on the server. The Discovery is the best 'roleplay' mod out there for the FreeLancer. But can not be the best mod, if it is not fun during offline play.

As sidenote, the stronger NPC make the game better as a LAN game too with only some people too.
So... the final release of 4.87 is comming. Could it be possible to include a "stronger" loadout file with this? Just for offline play, or for servers with less players.