Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello Discovery!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all. I've been playing Freelancer for quite a few years now and haven't ever played on a multiplayer server before. I've been playing for a couple of days and have loved it. I do have one quick question. What player faction would be the best for a newbie like me to join and make some friends on the server? It would be awsome to have some people to fly with.
Hello there!Big Grin
(05-23-2014, 05:56 PM)Alhimik Wrote: [ -> ]Hello there!Big Grin

if u want to make money join RS IMG IC or any other trading clan Aww

but if u want to pew pew pew pew pew... join lawful Militaries and navy's or join unlawfulls
Hi there...

Since it is your first instance of multiplayer, you can make use of THIS. Very helpful and lists out most of the things you will need in your stay here.

And regarding the factions, my advice would be to join a trading faction, since multiplayer fighting(PvP) and fighting computer controlled ships in Single Player(PvE?) is very different and requires a total rehaul of what you might have learnt in your time in FL.

Best trading factions out there are IMG, GMG, IC or some other house bounded trading corporations, since their lore/RP is pretty much straight forward and not complicated like Junkers/house corporations mostly.

Anyway, no more boring talks. Cya in space.
Generally most pilots ingame will be willing to lend you a hand, if you have any questions just ask. And like Moriarty. said get in with a trading faction, I would recommend IMG just because I see a few of their ships all the time

See you in space!
Welcome to disco,please don't forgot to leave your emotions at the door.
Thank you and have a nice journey.
Welcome to the madhouse.