Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: I'm disgusted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
So I've set up my new character, an Universal transport going under the name USV-Brandt. I'm only using jumpgates and tradelanes and of course, carrying legal goods. Today, I was carrying some Alien Organisms from Kurile that were supposed to be shipped to Willard. As usual, I carried on with my roleplay, announcing any lawful about my provenience, haul and destination.

I got to Kusari, and surprise - on the tradelane to Planet New Tokyo I get disrupted by about 5 AFA (Farmer's Alliance) ships. I was actually quite relieved they were not outcasts, blood dragons or anything like this. I continued with my roleplay, saying "tradelane disruption detected"..etc. Then I get shot at, without even a warning or anything. I ask them who they are, what do they want and why they keep on shooting me up. One or two started talking, while the others were still shooting. I asked them to cease fire and explain, I only got "DROP THE CARGO" lines.

Now, I created this character so I can get some quality RP, and not powertrade. I told them it's not that easy to unload 5000 tons of Alien Organisms into space, and that the cargo straps were somehow blocked and I could release them. Nothing from their side, they didn't even ask where the goods came from and what was their destination... nothing. One of them began counting while the other was telling me in caps to 'DROP THE CARGO' (all this while getting shot by the others). Desperately I told them to give me a second, and while I was actually jettisoning the stuff - I get blown up.

What's wrong with these people, seriously, this is a ROLEPLAY server and this is a refusal to roleplay, in my opinion. I was in an Advanced Train, and they were 5 heavy fighters (even a bomber was there) - how the hell was I such a threat to them. I couldn't run, I couldn't defend myself and I couldn't ask for help in this short amount of time. What's with this blood-thirst from a bunch of farmers ?? Is it all about killing now?

This is ridiculous and action really needs to be taken against these kind of people.
First let me correct you on some of your information. You got taken by 2 stingers and a Spatial. 3 ships...no bombers...sort of.

Now, I am getting tired of people who think RP is all talking, look the AFA are a bunch of rabid nationalists and you come waltzing through Kusari in a ship tagged and ID'ed to a Liberty Corperation... you know what? You are going to get attacked. As for shooting you before we demanded anything I direct you to rule 6.19

Quote:

6.19 Pirates and terrorists have a right to deal as much damage as they see fit before or after demanding money from a trader ship, but killing trader ship before demanding money or cargo is not allowed. Attacking traders or demanding cargo is not allowed for cruisers and battleships, unless cruisers and battleship belong to Terrorist ID or Phantom ID owner.

We dont care where your headed, we dont care where you got your cargo, we don't care that the clamps on your cargo a stuck. A Libertonian Corporate ship in Kusari should be MORE worried about the AFA than the Outcasts or Dragons, dont know why you were relived to see us. You want to get good RP, well it would be bad RP for a bunch of crazy farmers to care about anything but destroying you when you are bringing a product used for unnatural growing processes in a Liberty ship, through Kusari space.

Stop thinking that rp is only "Open Mooring Clamps" and "Cruise Lane Disrupted" We are not automatons, we are rabid nationalist and we act that way.. you dont like it? Dont come to Kusari.

And just to clear up, the encounter took about 3 mins, so this whole Idea that we just blew him up without giving him a chance is utter malarkey.

Anything Else?

Excuse me, but there were 3 of us. Not five of us. I do believe the moment we caught you, I said "0kps Brandt." in local chat. You did not stop, thus, we shot at you.

We don't care where they're going, you aren't taking them through Kusari. End of story. We don't want you here. If you want your goods, get them from the borders, or somewhere else. NOT in Kusari. Understand?

You sat there for a good five minutes asking us OOC to stop shooting while you asked us what was going on, to which we answered "You're dropping your cargo." and things of the like. We asked you in caps ONCE to drop your cargo because we were there for four minutes already. We said it several times that you are to drop your cargo, and there wasn't a satisfactory response from you for a good while. In fact, you asked us to stop firing in character once, at which point I told you that you were in NO position to make demands from us.

If you'd be so kind as to remember correctly, Kuroda actually asked you to tell your engineers to go faster. Maybe if you would've been acting more scared, or perhaps roleplaying in system that you were dropping them and you had a complex mechanism to drop, then we wouldn't have shot at you so much. Instead, we got almost nothing, only what could be considered bread crumbs.

Oh, and we had 2 VHF, and a Sptial, not 5 VHFs and a Bomber. Two Stingers with Train CDs, and one Spatial with a SN.

In the end, I would guess we were at that trade lane for almost five minutes. I think that all the pirates here would agree that staying put and not saying much outside //Please stop shooting for that long of a time gives the impression that you're either:

A. F1ed

B. Calling for Help

C. Not going to pay anyway

Please, if you have a complaint about the AFA or our policies, then PM Zelot or me (Or both) and/or post in our Feedback Thread. That is what it is there for, and we are here to make friends and have fun, not have people complain at us.

EDIT: Twas Kuroda that asked, not the Fallowed Ground. My bad.

' Wrote:Stop thinking that rp is "Open Mooring Clamps" and "Cruise Lane Disrupted" We are not automatons, we are rabid nationalist and we act that way.. you dont like it? Dont come to Kusari.

Anything Else?

Before telling people how to rp, look at yourself please. Everyone here is to have fun and RP is RP, there is no definition of it. Respect others game to be respected, thank you.
' Wrote:Before telling people how to rp, look at yourself please. Everyone here is to have fun and RP is RP, there is no definition of it. Respect others game to be respected, thank you.

sorry it should say "Stop thinking RP is only...."

You wanted quality RP but were flying an advanced train alone? That doesen't make any sense to me. It seems like you were power trading, waiting to be pirated.

ok teschy they said you had a liberty corp ID and IFF what do you expect? they are the most anti foreigner faction in kusari its within there RP and dont talk oorp so much.

Ok i think we got the point through maybe we should lock this..?
I don't think it needs a lock, the fella now knows why he got shafted. I reckon letting it die is the best bet.
' Wrote:I said "0kps Brandt." in local chat.

That's quite contradictory to what Zelot said 'We are not automatons'.

' Wrote:You sat there for a good five minutes asking us OOC to stop shooting while you asked us what was going on, to which we answered "You're dropping your cargo." and things of the like.

Actually, no. I was telling you in character to stop shooting so my engineers could operate safely. Of course, I never had the change, because that spatial kept SN'ing me, getting my hull to 1hp at some point.

' Wrote:Maybe if you would've been acting more scared, or perhaps roleplaying in system that you were dropping them and you had a complex mechanism to drop, then we wouldn't have shot at you so much. Instead, we got almost nothing, only what could be considered bread crumbs.

Act more scared? Do you think I had the time ? I'm not a typing machine, and I can't really focus when someone gets shoots my hull with a supernova.

' Wrote:In the end, I would guess we were at that trade lane for almost five minutes. I think that all the pirates here would agree that staying put and not saying much outside //Please stop shooting for that long of a time gives the impression that you're either:

A. F1ed

B. Calling for Help

C. Not going to pay anyway.

A. Even if I F1ed, you could have just reported me? Don't enforce the rules by destroying people, please.

B. I didn't even use the system chat, I exclusively used local chat so the lawfuls won't hear it and become suspicious and ask questions about my position - therefore making you destroying me even faster.

C. What is that supposed to mean? Doesn't that conflict with point A ? And I was obviously not the type of trade to prefer dying than paying.
just let it go man.. you got... got, dont push the sour grapes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7