Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello Newbie INCOMING!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi people of discovery my name is Nikhil Roy.Im from INDIA and currently im doing Aeronautical engineering in Bangalore a city in south india.
You guys can call me Nik or Roy since most of you oh sorry almost everyone of you are not from india(highly doubt any indians here at all).

How I got here ?
I love Space sims very much.I used to play Black prophecy but got bored after playing for 4 months so I was searching for new game found starlancer and then tried freelancer.I loved freelancer very much so I started searching for freelancer mods and 2 most played was crossfire and discovery.I tried crossfire it has good ships but mod had nothing related to freelancer.its systems were really odd and their names were far from conventional freelancer naming so I removed it.Then I tried discovery I loved it instantly.It has every feeling vanilla frelancer.Awsome ships and so Im here with you guys.

First Experience ?
Regretfully not good Sad .I started in Pennsylvania yesterday and I asked people around me what to do and how to start.Some didnt bothered to answer at all and others told me this "Find it yourself ".I think it is mean to new players when these kinnda things happen.I became very unhappy and logged off since there was noone to tell me how to start here and what to do here and I was clueless.I thought of removing disco but thought maybe not everyone here are loluts.so please people tell me what to do here please im really irritated from yesterday :/

Im very excited to make new friends here both from other countries and my fellow countrymen(if there are any Smile ).
Well even though that reception from the other players was indeed, rude. If you manage to be in the server when an ANGEL tagged player is on. Ask them.

But anyways, welcome and hope you have a good time.
(Hope you read the rules too, even if there is a lot. It doesn't take too much time to know them inside out.)

And actually.. I do think there is a few indians here. Not sure though.
Helo Nikhil, fellow guy from India, hit me up on Skype, I will give you some details, tips and tricks. Welcome here.

EDIT: Regarding those who are rude, nevermind them. There is always some good in bad.
hi, i am from your neighbour country
any help needed please let me know Smile
Welcome Nik! See ya in space!
Hello,like Moriarty. I am an Indian too,add me on skype so I can introduce you to other Indians and we can include you in our conspiracy to take over Disco.

To make up for those rude players,here is everything you need to know on how to play,
http://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=178 Tutorial forum
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=93181 Beginers guide
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=115249 Links to MANY other tutorials and helpfull stuff

My advice to you,ignore all mentions of-Jump drive,Hyperspace scanner,Docking modules.
These might not be easy to understand right from the start,after you get hold of basic stuff I can give more links to "advance" ones.

Edit:Oh and FINALY SOMEONE FROM BANGALORE!,I know of some 10 indians and found none that is from Bangalore playing here.
Welcome to Disco
Welcome to Disco Smile))

About the Penn thing...you will find more help on forums then asking in game, most people in game will find it useless to help a new player ( which is sad ). But if you need any help, feel free to ask, I don't mind helping new players began playing. See you in space!

~Flash
Hello, countrymen !!! Lets meet up in space Wink ... and a warm welcome
Aeronautical engineering? The designs of disco ships must drive you mad 8|
Pages: 1 2