Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Suggestion : Fixing a suitable place for zoners.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Idea is to remove omicron-74 completely, or otherwise turn it to a highway ( which it already is ) - release cayman from the dead faction, create a jumphole through omega-49 and move the existing stations from 74 to cayman.

This may not fix the seperation in other places, but it does looks like a good way of keeping zoners in two worlds that are not far from each other. This obviously doesnt include the freeports. I suggested this a long time ago, because in my mind i think that zoners are way too scattered.

I also find it funny that the devs made sure zoners are visited daily despite the unusual anger towards them by the community. Ofcourse I have my own agenda in this move, for one - Id like the zoners to have a system that they can rightfuly own without being told what to do, or away from conflict. The decision to make 74 a none-guard system, instantly killing any of the npcs that were actually good at enforcing repsheets, bringing nomads even closer - and having the same id restrictions by my read is insane. Not to mention, having the largest zoner installation in a system so close to "unwanted guests".

Then again, its my take - whats yours? ( Reminder : this is not a complaint thread about zoners - so keep that away ). Im intrested to know what would be a good place for them to sit.
(05-28-2014, 02:45 AM)Zen_Mechanics Wrote: [ -> ]... Id like the zoners to have a system that they can rightfuly own without being told what to do, or away from conflict...

Conflict often breeds activity. I am not greatly inclined to create Zoner havens that escape the activity cycle.

Recycling Cayman solely for the Zoners will not happen. If the system is totally unused, then it might be removed and/or isolated and its unique assets recycled; after all, the community is generally demanding fewer systems (quality over quantity).
*sigh* And I had planned out a nice little bit of RP that involved a Coalition invasion of Cayman... *deep back-throwing sigh as he carries his operational plans out with him*
(05-28-2014, 02:59 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: [ -> ]Conflict often breeds activity. I am not greatly inclined to create Zoner havens that escape the activity cycle.

On that point (and following a long discussion in the Omicrons general chat), let me re-raise this suggestion from Lyth:
(05-27-2014, 04:58 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Pilot carrying this quasi-lawful ID is a Zoner, who:
- Can attack any ship in self-defense, to protect another Zoner ship, or in defense of Zoner bases.
- Cannot bring cruisers, carriers or battleships into house space OR into systems containing a jump gate
- Cannot dock transports with more than 3,600 cargo within any House, except on GMG, IMG or Zoner bases.
- Cannot participate in unlawful actions except as described above.

Now i know that the current policy is "no restrictions on indies" or something along those lines which is part of, but not the whole reason why zoner caps are a problem, but here is a potential solution to that and an activity increaser for the 'crons and deep Omegas.

Reasoning:
1. cuts down on the lolcaps that visit the houses.
2. It would actually give a reasonable benefit to be in one of the official factions, thereby increasing recruitment and activity for them.
3. generates conflict. if the previous za mess is anything to go by, say hello to an active omicrons and omegas.
4. some of the cap pilots might join the resident factions in the area, thereby spurring activity and conflict.

If anyone wants to, and does, disagree i welcome any clear, logical and believable reasons that you may have to present. no "QQ, unfair to indies" schtick, because lolindies are part of the reason for general zoner hate.
(05-28-2014, 07:44 AM)Zen_Mechanics Wrote: [ -> ]I find what you have said not only insulting but bogus, and I'm only inclined to hit the report button. Don't come here with your upper case anger, if you have issues , take state benefits and leave your temper away.

Oh, that was so... Tel...

I'd been surprised if you wouldn't have posted anything like that. Seriously.

(05-28-2014, 07:36 AM)Tyler Wrote: [ -> ]how you perceive what a Zoner actually means.

(05-28-2014, 08:46 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]White wall-o-text
(05-28-2014, 02:45 AM)Zen_Mechanics Wrote: [ -> ]I also find it funny that the devs made sure zoners are visited daily despite the unusual anger towards them by the community. Ofcourse I have my own agenda in this move, for one - Id like the zoners to have a system that they can rightfuly own without being told what to do, or away from conflict.

There is no hate towards the faction. It's just people like you and Trogdor spinning the zonerzonerzoner wheel all the time, attracting even MORE negative attention to yourselfs and those around you. Take the note, keep to the "resetting" mantra you wanted to try out some time back and actually work to match your actions with said "zen" in your forum name. Or is it that old good "Tel Aviv" is back?

TL;DR version: fix yourself, you're the hate beacon.
Even if this happens you won't be able to use your 'caps' as sabre said, big ID problem, plus don't you think that O-47 is pretty much far from Omi-74, The current location for the Zoner guard system is excellent, no need to change it.

P.S: Don't touch my Cayman.
(05-28-2014, 08:12 AM)Tyler Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-28-2014, 07:44 AM)Zen_Mechanics Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to suggest it to reduce any bad events with them

The only 'bad events' are the ones you and your (former?) group have created. Sure, there's always been the typical Zoner QQ but yours is the most prolonged and senseless I have ever seen. All the other individuals/groups in the past to my recollection have actually learned from their mistakes and moved on or changed accordingly to the lore, the community and so on.

You however, do not learn. It's not anger from my side. I'm stating some Wiki quotes but even those you don't understand, I'm pretty sure the letters change into something you want to see.

So yeah, just saying.

Zoners are supposed to be scattered. That they don't in your mind is your problem. They're NOT supposed to all hole up in one system (effectively becoming a house?). But hey, keep on going with a cause that's lost.

First, My group has done nothing wrong , except defending itself, You can thank Omicron for spreading lies- second, it has not done anything in the last year. Your points are completely invalid and derived from a ficintioal world. But, I am not surprised that the same people jump-in with this attitude, and here I was simply asking others about their view point - instead im being constantly attacked by baseless claims. Do me a favor and go away, Its really simple not to comment - and if you do comment, you comment accordingly, or nothing.
So..you basically want to create House-Zoners again.
If one like yourself aims to repeat himself, yeah, you're going to get commented 'accordingly'.

*Tyler holds up a mirror*

Cause and effect, baby. Cause and effect. If you can't take my commenting about how you're trying to "unionise" the Zoners again, and this is being said by a few others in this thread, who's the blind man here?
Pages: 1 2